Thread: Did anyone modify the stock exhaust?

Did anyone modify the stock exhaust?

Just wondering if anyone has modified the stock exhaust in some way. It looks like you could open it up a little by drilling more holes in the baffle or something.

Just wondering.
    2001 KTM 400SX - Converted for woods

Skyhawk 50 converted to 70cc for Daughter
    Koso pipe
    Modded Airsal Kit
    Mini-Holeshots
    Mini-Aftermarket Bars
    Mini-Coolness!!

I just took out the stock baffle and ran without it pretty soon i'm gonna gut out the inside this is only temporary until I can by my sparks pipe and silencer if you do this you may need to bump up to a 155 main and also after the stock baffle is out you can simply put the end cap back on so it still looks clean
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

I pulled the baffle out and fired it up yesterday and it was VERY LOUD! To the point of being annoying basically.

I was thinking of drilling some holes in the baffle...especially the tip near the screen where it is blocked off. Think that would help?

I also took the airbox lid off to see what it would run like. It wouldn't go past half throttle. They must have that thing plugged up tighter than a ducks butt!
    2001 KTM 400SX - Converted for woods

Skyhawk 50 converted to 70cc for Daughter
    Koso pipe
    Modded Airsal Kit
    Mini-Holeshots
    Mini-Aftermarket Bars
    Mini-Coolness!!

I took the baffle out of mine, it is louder but it still passes GNCC db testing, 96-101 db's. I tried to open up the air box and it ran like crap, cutting out bad. I think that it runs better without the baffle.
    Ride Red
    2004 TRX450R #240
    2003 400EX
    2002 CRF450R #946

So, if I take out my baffle, and put a new main jet in, then you could take off the lid too, right?? Has anyone else done this? What jet should I go with, ball park anyway
    04 trx450R
    94 XR 600R, for sale
    86 ATC 350X, for sale
    86 XR 80R
    85 XR 350R, for sale
    82 XR 500R
    81 CR 450R elsinore
    72 Z50A minitrail
    70 QA50 cm90 motor in it

Originally posted by SSRedRider
    I took the baffle out of mine, it is louder but it still passes GNCC db testing, 96-101 db's. I tried to open up the air box and it ran like crap, cutting out bad. I think that it runs better without the baffle.
    Mine did that to all the way to where it wouldn't start and putting in the 155 main solved my problems
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

Where is your needle set at???/ I pput mine all the way up ( clip down ) an it does seem slightly rich....
    04 trx450R
    94 XR 600R, for sale
    86 ATC 350X, for sale
    86 XR 80R
    85 XR 350R, for sale
    82 XR 500R
    81 CR 450R elsinore
    72 Z50A minitrail
    70 QA50 cm90 motor in it

I just got my TRX yesterday and some people said i could take the baffle out without any other mod done to the carb. Just the fact that it is loud. My cuzin said that you will be lean. The main thing is......Will this hurt anything???
    SEMA
    TRX 450R

Originally posted by SEMA
    ......Will this hurt anything???
    SEMA
    no..it just makes it louder & maybe the throtle a little more responsive...I just took mine out & I had to give the three allen bolts hell b/c they all immediatel;y stripped....the secret to them is to be patient & let the exhaust warm up so its metal expands r & loosens the screws up a little....I stripped all three of the allen bolts & will go to hardware store soo nto replace them.

LOL!!! you had better luck than me!! All 3 of mine just snapped and i wasnt in a rush. I remember my cousin always goin slow on his yoshi pipe and they still stripped. But mine just snaped. Thanks for the reply, now i can ride tomorrow.
    SEMA
    TRX 450R