Thread: +2 aarms with stock shocks?

+2 aarms with stock shocks?

could i run plus 2 aarms with stock shocks for a couple months untill i have enough cash to buy some..if you dont think its possible do you thinl its possible to get a temporary extenion to bolt on the shock and the arm mount?/

I think, but i'm not positive, that your stock shocks can be re valved? i can't remember what it's called incase thats not right
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

The stock front shocks can not be revalved. Only the stock rear. I think the stock shocks would work, but I wouldn`t do anything wild until you get different shocks. What kind of a-arms were you looking at?
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

you cant do anything with stcok fronts they are completely non re-buildable, but yes i was wondering the same thing about using stock shocks on +2 a arms?
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

i no they cant be revalved

i am guessing they would work okay...if its temporarily

i am looking at burgard, jd, and houser

i might have someone make extensions to bolt onto the aarm out of steel?think it would work?

qwll trx400ex it is possible, go down to the thread labled "pics of jd performence a arms" in the chassis forum and in the second reply there is a pic of a yellow 400 with jd +2 a arms with stock shocks, looks good too.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

You CAN use your stock front shocks.....BUT.......they are going to be MORE prone to bottom. I would probably go with shocks first and have them valved for your +2 A-arms. They will ride a little harsh, but will not have to worry about them bottoming out on you....I still haven't decided which arms I am going with, but ordered my shocks for +2 since I had my spacers up front anyways....JIM
    Last edited by AlaskaSpeed; 08-25-2001 at 05:58 PM.
    ?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's