Thread: Oil?

Question Oil?

Someone told me that Yamalube wasnt good for the motor. I think it would be good since its from the factory that makes YFZs. If someone knows anything about this or what a better kind of oil to use is then let me know.

Yamalube should be fine but if you want the best you will have to get something on the level of Redline, Amsoil, Mobil 1, Maxima, etc... - the top synthetics.
    2003 Cannondale Blaze

break in with Yamalube is fine. dont run synthetic until after breakin.
    I run Mobil 1 red cap
    04/YFZ450, 02/YZ250F, 01/250EX
    C&D racing
    MHSC #226
    http://www.warpedracing.tk/

HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH KLOTZ 10-40. I HAVE BEEN USING IT SINCE JULY LAST YEAR JUST AFTER BREAK IN, AND WOULDNT USE ANYTHING ELSE.
    ~ 04 Yfz 470 ~ Je 12-1 piston ~ Yoshimura trs exhaust system ~ Esr intake ~ Cam mod ~ Trail tech -4 flywheel ~ anti vibe +1 stem ~ Tag t2 bars and clamps ~ X factor grab bar ~ K&K graphics kit ~ Zip tye air fuel screw ~ 178 mj 50pj ~ Ncvq needle on fifth clip ~ Srp steering dampner ~ Cfm oil tank and in line cooler ~ Jl 15 39 gearing ~ did x ring chain ~ Roll design pegs, heel plates and nerf bars ~ Diamondplate warning labels ~ Maxxis razor 2 front and rears on Itp baja rims~

oil........now you have opened a can of worms..........lol. you will get 100 opinions from 100 different people. I only have one strong opinion when it comes to oil. run the viscosity that the manufacture tells you to run! A lot of people run thicker oil based on the theory that thicker oil offers better protection. All recent studies have pointed to the fact that 90% of engine wear occurs at startup. That is why most engine manufactures are recommending a slighter "thinner" oil these days. All the top companies have extremely high paid engineers that design these motors and recommend the oil the goes into them. If they say 10-30 I run 10-30....... I personally buy the cheap stuff. I go to walmart and buy the gallon jugs of penzoil or valvoline for about 8 bucks. I change my oil after every race or about 2 play rides. I change the oil filter every other oil change. I have been doing this for years and have never had an oil related problem. I race xc so i feel that it is necessary to change oil every race in order to rid the motor of the dirt , dust, gear shavings etc.. that contaminate the oil. Anyway just my 2 cents....... happy riding. Matt
    Gas is for lawnmowers.........trucks burn DIESEL!!!!!!!!

I run yamalube 4-r oil in my yfz . A friend of mine who races recommended it and no complaints here. He use to work for a dealer so I trust his advise.