Thread: bike wont start

bike wont start

finnaly finished my bike and went 2 start and "click" from the battery every time i hit the button. went and bought a new battery and let it charge, and the same problem. then i took a working battery from my bros yfz and put it in my bike and im having the same clicking noise. any ideas. the battery from my bike works fine in his bike. so that out rules the battery. a lil stuck any help would be great

start relay might be shot...only thing i could think of....but check all connections,etc...and make sure you have no blown fuses and all good ground connections
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

checked the fuses and the connections.. i notice the started selinoid is doing the clicking and bump started the bike and it ran fine just can get it 2 crank over

i do not see how you all are having all of these problems.. with starting the yfz

when you bought it did you work the starter button to start it, or did you pull choke out and then started with one push of the button .. that is how eaasy mine fires right up...
    450yfz stock

---2002 400ex stock-- sold
    handguards, white brother shock covers.
    Quad Hauler - 2001 chevy 4x4 5.3
    265/75 Pacers 164u 16/10's

Originally posted by yellowrider
    i do not see how you all are having all of these problems.. with starting the yfz

when you bought it did you work the starter button to start it, or did you pull choke out and then started with one push of the button .. that is how eaasy mine fires right up...
    I picked up mine and it started fine ... took the 20 minute drive home and went to start it and click click ..... The quad wasnt even 20 minutes old ...... I was NOT impressed and I've had this problem ever since !!!!
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Ive noticed on my Raptor, that if the battery cables are not good and tight, or if theres even a little corrosion on the cable ends, it does just the same. Just the click. Also, make sure the grounds are good and clean and tight, and the same for the power going to the starter.
    02 Quadshop Blaze
    HMF, Elka, PRM, and a huge Hi-Flight seat!

Finished your bike up from what joey? What was done to it?

walsh a-arm and swinger
    Lsr axel and stem
    tc pipe
    Pep shocks
    all Mx out

The starter was dead got it fixed,bike works great!!!!!