Thread: white bros rev box

white bros rev box

is there any thing that you can do to take away the starting problem with the white bros rev kit, like a more powerfull battery or something like that

you can get a more powerful battery from pappy, but i would just trash that rev box and if your bike is stock just run the stock rev box. if your bike is modded internally, i would find a different rev box.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

My bike starts right up with my rev box, but i dont know if my carb helps with that at all cause iput them on at the same time..?
    yfz450 sparks exhaust, high comp piston, porting, big valves, cam mod and bored out carb and other goodies...

does anybody know what kind of battery i could buy

Battery has to be at full charge all the time. Sell it and buy a better one is all I can suggest. Unless you like buying a new battery every 6 months to keep the cheap POS working...

i havent had any trouble starting mine with the wb rev box
    yfz450, TC, Leager, HIPER, PEP, K&K, LSR, TAG, AC, DENTON, VORTEX,DG

400ex tcs shocks (f) good condition $375
    400ex JD Performance +2 swingarm for sale $500

The two best things to do is make sure the quad is jetted correctly and keep a good battery in it.

I'm not absolutely certain, but if I remember correctly, the commonly used higher CCA battery is a Yuasa YT12A-BS. Some people have had local dealers to order them, but Pappy sells them. I think he had a post about them in the For Sale section a while back too.

I've had my WB rev box since right after they first came out, and the only time I've ever had a problem was back a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to ride for a while and then I got sick, so I just let the quad sit for about 3 weeks. When I went to start it, it was a no go, it couldn't turn it over fast enough to start with the WB, but after I roll started and ran it for a while, it re-started fine.

I'm running a stock battery in mine due to a basically stock motor that it can turn over easily, but after the little incident mentioned above, I expect I'll have to be buying a new battery before too long. I'm going to go with the Yuasa higher CCA battery when I need another one though.
    1999 400EX
    2003 Foreman 450S
    2006 CRF450R

I have had my WB box for 2 1/2 years now and I haven't had any probs with it. I still have the original battery on my quad also. Now I have a 416 with an 11:1 piston and it still starts right up.
    2001 416EX with Sparks X-6, FCR 39mm, ELKA Triple rates with cans, Burgard +3+1 A-Arms, Elka Linkage with Custom Axis Rear shock, Denton Steering Stabilizer, WISECO 87mm 11:1 with Hotcams Stage II, FDO Heavy Duty Head Studs, WB Rev Box, K&N Air Filter, Cascade Parking Brake Blockoff, AC racing Pro Peg nerfs, Renthal Sprockets, Renthal bars, DG bumper, DG Swing arm Skid, RPM 2+2 axle, speed locknut, Magura Jack Hydraulic Clutch

1988 TRX350R ported by NRPD, ESR TRX5, PWK 38mm A/S, Gibson Long Travel A-Arms, Elka Quad Rate longtravels, Laeger Swinger, ESR reed block

2007 CBR1000RR, Akrapovic Full Race, Comp Werks FE, DynoJet PCIII, ShoGun Sliders

thanks for all the help i didnt have a prob with it till a week ago and i just hooked up a car portable jump cable thing and it fired up right away

is it true that most of the aftermarket ignition boxes are just xr 250 boxes ? cause if they are i just so happen to have a blown up xr 250 in my garage i guess ill give it a try sometime i looked aty it and the plugs are the same and i know my xr reved ALOT higher than the 400 ever did
    99 400ex powroll 11.2 440 kit web 450/451 cam some port work sparks X6 full system FCR 40mm waiting on FDO oversized head studs

87 Kawasaki Mojave slow and gay wanna buy it ??

88 XR 250r yeah its blown up too

85 mustang GT with a few goodies and a blower should be on the road sometime in the next 2 years