Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTZ cam chain

LTZ cam chain

hi guys does anybody know if there is a heavy duty cam chain out there for the ltz 400 the stock one is weak and it will strech and make a ticking noise in the head i have seen this on a couple of them thanks for the info Earlywhine Racing does have heavy duty chains in stock their number is 606-883-3098 they are real nice people and race themselfs so they test and know what works good luck Dr. Quad

I don't think there are any aftermarket chains, nor do you need one. Even racers are running the stock chain. The ticking noise may be the valves, but most likely not the cam chain.
    04 Orange KFX 400
    dg alloy nerfs
    sand star rears

the cam chain adjusts itself automatically...its prob. the valves

D.I.D does make a cam chain for the Z. I think Earlywhine racing has them in stock.

Originally posted by popo
    D.I.D does make a cam chain for the Z. I think Earlywhine racing has them in stock.

Originally posted by popo

thanks for the info i will check with Earlywhine

Originally posted by Jumbo747
    the cam chain adjusts itself automatically...its prob. the valves
    i know it adjust automatically but the chains are streching to long i have seen this in 3 different ltzs

Originally posted by BlazinOrangeKFX
    I don't think there are any aftermarket chains, nor do you need one. Even racers are running the stock chain. The ticking noise may be the valves, but most likely not the cam chain.
    if you keep racing your chain will strech past the limit you will think it sounds like valves but if you pull the chain tensioner out it will be maxed out

Dr. Quad is right.....I have a buddy that has an 03 Z400 and we have put two chains in it already.We now have it apart because the exhaust valve got hit and is bent.We had a small weld added to the end of the chain tensioner and filed it nice and smooth so if the chain dose stretch again it will not loosen up and tag the valves.......I heard about adding the weld to the tensioner from a suzuki tech......

Cly.......
    2001 400EX,Pro circuit T4 Exhaust,Jet Kit,K&N filter,Drilled Air Box,14 Tooth Front Sprocket,Tag Bars and Clamp,Clark Oversized Tank,K&K Seat Cover and Graphics.Maxxis Razors,nacs shock covers.

cam chain

i have already did the weld fix it lasted for about 25 hours of riding time. i am going to replace it for now untill sombody makes a heavy duty chain. i talked to profab atv they have cam chains for 400exs he doesnt have them for the z400 but said he wished he did because he could of sold a millon of them he said some racers are replacing their chains every other race if they get to lose you will tag a valve so if you here clicking check yours out the valves dont need adjusted very much the way they are set up in the z400 thanks for your input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast