Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 17th Annual White Brothers 4-stoke MX Championship

Originally posted by quadracer4life
    even when someone eles has been waiting longer???

yup

higher class gets the gate pick, the only one u could say no to, is someone in a lower or equal division
    Shaun Kuriyama

Yep - higher class gets first pick.....that's just racing etiquette. Might even be a rule somewhere......if not it's at least an unwritten one.

I don't see the big deal about gate pick anyway - to be honest. I usually wait and line up on one end or the other......where I start out on the line has never really had a bearing on whether or not I get the holeshot (unless there is a big mudpuddle right in front of me....I will move then!). And I usually do pretty well on the starts......I know some people will almost get in fistfights to get the spot they want......maybe I'm missing something! lol!
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

ya totally... i just think its a little rude to take a lower classes spot even though you are in a higher class when they all ready have swept and everything and you guys are going at the same time... but maybe im wrong... thats just my thought

Can anyone tell me what kind of hood that is on Doug Eichner's Honda 450R??? I've never seen a red one like that...

Originally posted by quadracer4life
    ya totally... i just think its a little rude to take a lower classes spot even though you are in a higher class when they all ready have swept and everything and you guys are going at the same time... but maybe im wrong... thats just my thought
    mabey some people dont like getting to the line a half hour before their moto! ITP does a horrible job about line choice at their races. IT is complete mayhem! people scrambling, cutting, ect. They shouldnt even put people in the position they do. All they need is one person at the gate and let everybody in when their gate pick is up. Example (please read people) If you are having two classes and one gate drop, Let the intrermediates in first and pick a spot, either by their first moto finish (winner choses first and down the line) or who signed up first) then let the novices, beginners or whoever pick next. All they need is one more person, but that would make too much sense! They got one guy dropping the gate and working the sign, man I wouldnt want to be that guy, everytime there is a problem I go to him, so does everyone else!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678