Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stator problems

Stator problems

Has anyone had any problems with their stator on their 450?? Took my 450 into the shop and the stator is finished on it . Other than getting a new one from Yamaha , anyone know of maybe a better stator and where I could find one for the next time this thing goes on me . Pretty sad that Yamaha Canada and Yamaha USA don't have any available , and a new one has to be sent in from Japan . There goes another 2 weeks without ridding .
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

no, i don't have one, but i know like 100 racers who have had this problem.
    Mike
    2004 TRX450R #75
    JRD +3 LT arms (chrome), Elka LT quadrate ARC up front, Elka dual rate rear, Elka Linkage, Shamrock beadlocks all around, Turf Tamer rears, Grooved radial fronts, PEP steering stabilizer, powermadd red/black handguards, black Blingstar bumper, Nac's racing yellow backgrounds, Renthal 7/8" bars with red crosspad, Progrip blue/black grips, JRD Pro peg nerf bars, walsh racing parking brake blockoff, Team Hawg Racing clutch w/perch, Pro Design Tether Cord, Stock headlights removed, Key removed, TC full exhaust, Lid off, K&N filter, RPM Dominator axle, Braided Brake lines front/rear, skid plates removed cept for under motor, white painted pro pegs/grab bar....more but can't think of it right now

We have YFZ stators but there are a couple issues:

Our stator requires you eliminate the AC lighting on your quad. You can still run your AC lights on the new DC system but they will not shut off when the motor dies, they will only turn off with the key or light switch. The setup is basically the same a Raptor or 400EX. The basic idea is that the stock YFZ stator is split AC/DC and we convert the entire stator as DC. This eliminates any charging problems.

As we only have a limited number of stators, we require a core be returned. The core does not need to be functional but cannot be physically damaged (dropped, bent, burned.....)

Thanks so much for the info . The stator is going to be replaced under Yamaha warrantee but for future reference this is good to know . Is this a common problem with the YFZ 450?? Like my 450 only has maybe 15 hrs of ride time on it . My boss at work , used to work for Yamaha and said it is very rare to see a fried Yamaha stator . Maybe i got a lemon or soemthing . How much is this new system?? Thansk again ..... also whats a phone # i can reach you guys at and are there any Canadian distributors ??
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Originally posted by trailtech
    We have YFZ stators but there are a couple issues:

Our stator requires you eliminate the AC lighting on your quad. You can still run your AC lights on the new DC system but they will not shut off when the motor dies, they will only turn off with the key or light switch. The setup is basically the same a Raptor or 400EX. The basic idea is that the stock YFZ stator is split AC/DC and we convert the entire stator as DC. This eliminates any charging problems.

As we only have a limited number of stators, we require a core be returned. The core does not need to be functional but cannot be physically damaged (dropped, bent, burned.....)
    so if i'm not running lights this will be the problem free set-up?

This is a problem free setup regardless of what electical setup you run. We specifically designed the regulator/rectifier to perform well during no load conditions.

whats this set-up cost?

cjpoole1,

100 for a rewind and 29.95 for regulator/rectifier.

Originally posted by trailtech
    cjpoole1,

100 for a rewind and 29.95 for regulator/rectifier.
    C&D Racing is a Trailtech dealer and SPONSORS EXriders.com, so support the site and give C&D Racing a call 308 696-7805.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Thumbs up

Just one more reason to ride red! But really that is a crap deal is there really aproblem with the stator on the bikes or is it just a fluk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast