Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail TIPS

Exclamation Trail TIPS

Does anybody have any secret tips or strategies for woods riding? Or for hillclimbing? Also, what is the best (good & cheap) improvement you have made on you four wheeler for the trails?

Tips.....i guess you could say not to give it all you got b/c youll make a mistake some how. Stay come and cool and dont go faster than neccisary(sp).
    One of the best things that I think you could do to improve your quad for woods ridin would be tires. Ive got Razrs on mine and they have more traction and better handling than my stockers.
    Just my opinion.
    2000 Honda 416EX - Sold

1988 Chevrolet Silverado
    5.7L V8 SCSB
    Too much to list and still too much to do.

2002 Stingray 180LS
    3.0L Mercruiser 135 w/ AlphaOne Outdrive

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    for hillz the only thing i can tell u is to hit them with enouf speed that u can leave off half way up the hill and coast to the top thats what i do and i have yet to roll down one on my 400 and i climb pretty big hillz...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

ya, always hit the bottom of a hill full throttle and with tons of momentum so u dont get stuck at the top, sometimes theres a lip at the top and u either want to go over that using ur momentum or gas it over it and get air at the top, just be careful because if u dont have enough moment and u try to get air at the top u may end up catching too much traction and flipping over backwards, i came close to this once, man it scared the **** outta me

Dont hit trees....they hurt :blah
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

lol

Yea man trees hurt!! but like everyone says for hills get your momentum goin and keep on it! and on tight trails focus on gett'n really close to a tree on one side cuz if you just try n go in the middle, your bound to hit a tree!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Yamhaha R1

nice pic lil90man looks like a pretty steep hill and that ur front tires are starting to come up off the ground? what gear do u hit that hill in and what gear do u stay in? and gd'luck climbing

that looks like a nice hill to hit in 4th gear on a 400 and get a little air at the top

Never ride above your head and only ride "what" you are comfortable with. If your buddies call you scared or whatever, who cares? Ride within your limits and ride at your own pace. Sure its fun to get pushed by others.... its one of the ways you learn and of course, you get the ole adrenaline pumping. Pretty much a natural high. But know when to stop. When you get tired, you'll make mistakes. On New Years Eve of 2001, we were on a fun ride. I was pushed or pressed to try going up this hill a second time, only this time with bent bars, I crashed (again), only this time I fractured my tibia right at the joint in the knee. I still go over it again in my mind... and of course, I wish I had made the decision to find another way. I made the decision to do it, it was my fault. Nobody elses.

As far as a pointer for fast woods riding, Denton (I think) only looks at trees on one side of the trail. Not both. He cuts as close as he can to that one side and lets "mother nature" do the rest. I guess if he's on a GNCC track, he knows he can make it through all ridden trails.
    Honda, Best On Earth
    2000 400EX, 1996 300EX and a 1997 LT80 - each with a bunch of custom schtuff on'em!
    2001 CR250
    2002 KDX220

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast