Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP... building a race type quad

HELP... building a race type quad

i want every ones opinion on a crf450 powered quad or a YZF426 powered quad. what would it cost and such? would it be worth all the trouble? would it be better to buy a 250r that is already set up? i will probably never go pro. i mostly just race with the guys on some private tracks. ui might hit a couple of local money races. what do you all think?

Thumbs up

It would just by a 250r that's been fixed up.Just look for cracks everywhere in the frame. The first thing I do when I look at a used quad is look at the pegs, the gear shifter, and the the engine to see how much it is wore down.For example if the pegs are dull.But an older bike like a 250r I guess just look for cracks.
    2001 Banshee
    Chrome Toomey t-5 kit, Raptor rear Radials, Fast trekker fronts,Renthal bars, AC bumper, AC grab bar, K&N air filter, Dynojet kit, T&T p.b. block off, Works dual rates w/ rezzies, UMI pro flow, and mad eye light covers and some more stuff.

If you are going to get a 250r get one with an aftermarket frame. If you race hard you are going to get one eventualy anyway.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

Unless ur racing the nationals competively dont spend the 20k to build a crf or yzf quad.

All you need is a 250r with a pipe, aarms, shocks, and a wider axle for play racing.

matt
    88'/02' FastWay250r long gone

400MXer is offline They call me"Tater Salad"
    If you've got the money...go for it. that would be awsome to build one of those quad's up...but the only problem is that i dont' have $20k+ sitting around my house.
    Retired --- For Now

i agree w/ nj300ex. My R has a stock frame and its constantly cracking! Maybe one with a gusseted frame! Not a stock frame! You will buy one if your gonna be racing hard! Any frame is good except LSR! Those 4-strokes r a waste of money! you wont be able to stop modding the R when u get it! You'll love it! I just rode mine yesterday after 2 months of waiting and riding my 300ex (broken collar bone). I was coming around a corner, sliped the clutch and the front end came up as i was turining. went upon one wheel. Looked like a pro! You wont be dissapointed in an R! But it might take u a while to get it dialed in!
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

i think i have decided

i think i am going to go with the limited edition Walsh 440 Race Craft Cannondale. it is a complete top to bottom race quad. i like the 4 stroke power with the 2 stroke attitude they have, and with the gull wing Walsh +3 a-arms and PEP shocks. it looks to be an awsome quad. $11890 is not cheap but you have to pay to play.

what do you all think?? good idea or what? i dont want to deal with the constant maintence required with an R.

I say go for it,,but since you live in KY,,were gonna meet up sooner or later and I wanna ride the sucka..

superraptor- Where did you get your info on the Walsh Cannondale?
    Live to ride Ride to live

I am gay, there I have come out of the closet!!!!

The latest ATVsport mag has a one page add about the walsh C-dales..they look sweet I think.

Sorry I posted that it was in dirtwheels before,,it's in the ATV sport.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast