Thread: Quick Fix

Hybrid View

Quick Fix

Took out the snorkel and plugged hole but now cutting out at the top of gears....? Running a 165main, k&n w/outwear, holes in the lid. Can I fix this with the airmixture screw or drop to a 160main? Before it did this with the snorkel on but with a 170main and then I dropped to a 165main to fix it. My air mixture is 3 1/4 turn right now.

What about adding some disks to your WB sounds like its rich I had the same problem so took my lid right off cut it and added a outerwares cover like in the Reviews section that works great I race XC no mud or water yet in the airbox I guess when I pulled the snorkle and was using just the holes I had it was not able to get as much air
    after all that yea going down on main size would probably help
    2001 440 yellow/Stage 2 hotcam/ 11:1 JE piston/Houser+2 a-arms/Dura blue eliminator+4/Maxxis or holeshot MX on 195 douglas race rims/aluminum airbox/ac propegs/ac bumper/braided brake lines/works triple rate with acr/pep steering damper/white bros e-series slip on/omf scoops/kn filter/dyna jet 170 main 45 pilot/needle on notch 4/outer wares airbox cover/custom aluminum airbox/renthal bars/acerbis guards/lsr block off/lsr bearing carrier NOW ALL THAT IS STOLEN!!!!!!!!so I am Starting Over with 2005 YFZ 450

Forgot to add that 3 1/2 turns out seems like a lot should be 1 1/2 -2 1/2 you need a larger pilot jet 42 maybe 45 depends on temp
    2001 440 yellow/Stage 2 hotcam/ 11:1 JE piston/Houser+2 a-arms/Dura blue eliminator+4/Maxxis or holeshot MX on 195 douglas race rims/aluminum airbox/ac propegs/ac bumper/braided brake lines/works triple rate with acr/pep steering damper/white bros e-series slip on/omf scoops/kn filter/dyna jet 170 main 45 pilot/needle on notch 4/outer wares airbox cover/custom aluminum airbox/renthal bars/acerbis guards/lsr block off/lsr bearing carrier NOW ALL THAT IS STOLEN!!!!!!!!so I am Starting Over with 2005 YFZ 450

cool... thanks guys

just make sure ya leave the lid off if you block off the snorkel
    2004 YFZ450

didn't he say he was having touble on the top end. Changing the pilot jet wouldn't help him at all. The pilot jet only controls about the first 1/8th of your throttle.

Sounds to me that you have to drop the main jet one size,,,,or increase the air flow as stated above.
    Nate, 1987 250R
    Need an '86-'87 stock swing arm. Reckless@drenthe.net

I agree...drop the main jet size.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

Originally posted by 440EXR
    What about adding some disks to your WB sounds like its rich I had the same problem so took my lid right off cut it and added a outerwares cover like in the Reviews section that works great I race XC no mud or water yet in the airbox I guess when I pulled the snorkle and was using just the holes I had it was not able to get as much air
    after all that yea going down on main size would probably help
    How can you race XC with extended a arms and axle?
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-