Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mx set up. what do u think

Get the xr 400 cam, it is a straight drop in cam and you will not have to worry about your rockers. I have the TCS shocks and like them. Also if you want a good set of a-arms consider Houser Racing, they have grease zerks, ask anyone on this site, they are top of the line a-arms.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

I agree about the LSR arms. I've HAD them on my 400, they are terible. Go with Houser, they rock. And yes they have greese zerks. Also if your setting up for MX you want pre-load. This lowers your center of gravity so you can trun on a dime, but still alowes for full wheel travel. LSR axles are good, but dominator axles are a little better. Do not get a Durabreak. Been there broke that...still haven't broke my Dominator. One last thing Houser makes a better stem than LSR.

Just get the +2 arms and axle, and keep your stock stuff, and then when you run a Hare Scramble, you can put the stock stuff back on and vice versa for MX.
    I also agree that you need a cam, and would stay away from the WB cam. One of my friends has this in his 416 and he has gone through 3 of them when they clipped his valves or something like that. 3 cams, rockers and new valves, not real cheap, I would get the XR cam, you will notice a good power gain with it!

Crypted
    For mx you want no pre load, hence zero preload.
    Walsh Racecraft/ ECA YZF 440

2003 Main Sponsers
    Motorcycle Madness
    East Coast ATV
    Pro Parts Racing
    Nacs Racing
    Legacy ATV
    South Bay Moto

Co-Sponsors
    Pappy's Performance Coatings.
    K & K ATV
    Maier MFG
    Duncan Racing Int
    C&G Cycle

I'm sorry, your right I read that quickly this morning as I was leaving for work. I was refering to SAG or SSD what ever you want to call it.

get some zps for shure!!! Dont paint the cylinder! It'll wont dissipaite heat as good and on 400's thats a bi problem! Make SURE and get a bigger oil cooler and try to get some vents!
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12