Thread: OT: Race Scanners

OT: Race Scanners

Going to a bunch of Nascar races this year with my son. I'm looking at buying a race scanner but need some practical advice...

Do I need a 200 Channel Scanner?

Do I need noise canceling headphones

What the best model for the $$$

Do I need a race antenna to kill bleedover

Pleace Willfulone
    "Ride it like you stole it!"

2002 400ex, HMF Slip on Pipe, 175 Main Jet, Pro-Armor A Arms, Pro-Armor Belly Plate, Pro-Armor Swing Arm Plate, White Brothers Front Bumper, MSR Handle Bar, MSR Grips, JT 14 Tooth Front Sprocket
    2003 50cc Eton Viper
    1997 SeaDoo GSX

Manassas VA

My friends go to a bunch of races every year.... around 10-15. I've been to a few with them and they have a sweet setup for the race scanners. When they get back this weekend, I'll ask them what setup they have...
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

You should be ok with a 100 channel. Radio Shack sells scanners and headset combos, or you can check with www.racingradios.com , I think they rent them at the tracks.
    2002 416EX -
    JE 10.8:1 piston, HRC cam, FCR39, Ported & polished head, Sparks HD cam chain, CFM airbox w/o lid, K&N filter, WB e-series, PRM desert bumper & chassis skid plate, pro-design kill switch & power shifter, Renthal handlebars, ASV brake and clutch lever, Nac's P-brake block-off, GCD air scoops, Factory Effex graphics/seat cover, TCS Race Series front shocks w/ remotes, Big Cohoona shock covers, Burgard's twin row carrier, Burgard's rear beadlocks.
    2000 Honda CR250r
    2004 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy