Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: horse power on quads

horse power on quads

I was at this party last night and i started talkin to a "know it all" dude about quads. I told him i had a decked out kfx400, so he asked how much horse it had. I was just guessing, but i said maybe 40 HP. The guy laughed and said his friends puts out over 100. And he knows some that have like 200! That's impossible i told him, but he thought he was right and i couldn't talk him out of it. He was a loser! anyway, what kinda horse do quads put out?

A built 440 (cam, filter, porting, pipe, carb, etc.) should put down a little over 40HP.
    00 440EX
    01 CR125
    http://www.quadstop.com

Check it.

I've heard of some decked out Banshee's putting out close to 100 horsepower.
    #913 BK Performance XC 450R. . . LSR, Laeger, Hiper, Precision, Maxxis, PRM, HMF, Custom Axis, Clarke, Wiseco . . .

I would enjoy seing these "200hp quads" on an MX track.
    #72...Tricks up my Sleeve

"I just don't want to die without a few scars"

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan" Tom Landry

03 Tib GT2.7

Good, i aint the idiot that other dude is. I knew he was a moron. He was talking about 125 bikes too. I could tell that the guy had no idea what he was talking about. I almost cracked him in the jaw actually, just for actin like he knew everything.

u said u were at a party? maybe he was drunk

i hate people like that
    one time some kid told he had 1999 raptor and he put rims tires and airfliter on it and that added 30 house now any idoit know raptors wearnt made then

There's a thread on Bluetraxx (if you can stand looking) a guy posted all the sport machines, and their stock H.P. It was way-cool, and I was always gonna print it, but forgot. He got it from an ATV mag of some sort. It was a couple months ago.
    " Everybody dies, not everybody lives"

Re: horse power on quads

Originally posted by MNkfx400
    I was at this party last night and i started talkin to a "know it all" dude about quads. I told him i had a decked out kfx400, so he asked how much horse it had. I was just guessing, but i said maybe 40 HP. The guy laughed and said his friends puts out over 100. And he knows some that have like 200! That's impossible i told him, but he thought he was right and i couldn't talk him out of it. He was a loser! anyway, what kinda horse do quads put out?
    My Z440 has just about everything, and its been dynoed at about 48-49hp at the rear wheel.

I've seen a video of a 97HP Banshee on a dyno but then it threw a rod...as far as 200HP quads...all I have to say is "LOL!" - race ready snowmobiles are more around 200HP...NOT quads...200HP gimme a break...lmao...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast