Thread: need suggestion on replacement stock length a arms

need suggestion on replacement stock length a arms

after seeing my buddy fold up a lower front a arm and bend the shock shaft, i am considering a stronger replacement for my yfz before i bend mine. anyone have a suggestion? i want to stay away from heim joints and keep the stock length for xc racing.
    i've thought of reinforcing the stockers with a cross bar. think it would work?
    06 yfz450
    07 250ex
    05 kasea 90

crayfz Guest
    JB Racing makes a stock replacement. I bend 3 before I got aftermarket. Now I don't worry about hitting anything. Fully adjustable, nice set.
    And I do race GNCC with them.
    gncc sr. #360

Here's what I did to mine.

For pics click
    Here

Originally posted by crayfz
    JB Racing makes a stock replacement. I bend 3 before I got aftermarket. Now I don't worry about hitting anything. Fully adjustable, nice set.
    And I do race GNCC with them.
    gncc sr. #360
    Correct me if I am wrong, JB runs a heim joint? which bid d does not want.

crayfz Guest
    Bushings in mine, just like stock.Hit the grease fitting when I'm done. Removeable balljoints, good to go. Call and ask.
    JB 814-922-3523

good idea cat. i was thinking of a cross bar instead of a plate, but your setup looks like it is super strong.
    crayfz, any idea on price for the JB racing arms? thanks.
    06 yfz450
    07 250ex
    05 kasea 90

look at hsdracing.com and eyeballeng.com i think there a-arms look good and i'm thinking of going with them in the +1,

crayfz Guest
    Bigdaddy, I think they are 625 if you go thru him, you can get them alittle cheaper if your local dealer handles his stuff, he can't be cheaper than his distributors.

i got laeger , there nicest arms ive had, they still have the gull wing bend, they use a quad racer style lower ball joint uses stock yamaha bushing, just really nice a arms, i got them from ct racing to ny in lesss than a week, and when i was on the phone they said they werent in stock i was just like , but there the nicest std travels out that ive seen $689 or something is list
    2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 xp

2004 Kawasaki Kfx 700

I haven't done a ton of researching but the only company I had seen offering a +0 (they even have +0 long travel for XC) a-arm was Herrmann Racing.

Scott
    OCCRA 314
    Boomer Sooner!

"Bravery" is - A man coming home late, smelling of perfume and beer,
    lipstick on his collar, slapping his wife on the @$$ and saying, "You're next."