Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hatfield McCoy & LBL rides - when?

Hatfield McCoy & LBL rides - when?

I live in WV and am interested in going on both the rides. What date is everyone going? I have not been to either place to ride, although I am only 20 minutes from HM. I know LBL is suitable for sport quads, but how about HM? I would be bringing a 400ex and a lt250r. Would the 2 stroke have a problem at HM? Is it too tight to run wide open? Let me know if anyone needs help finding HM, as I could give good directions. Thanks, Stephanie

The LBL ride is April 6-7.
    LBL is huge, plenty of room for going wide open
    You should go to our Bandlands ride on May 18-19
    District 18 #92
    04' 450R

Hatfield/McCoy is June 28,29&30th (last weekend in the month). Best public trail system on the east coast.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

Are there wide open areas?

HM TRAILS ARE SOME OF THE MOST CHALLENGING TRAILS AROUND. NOT MANY PLACES TO RUN WIDE OPEN. MOST OF WAHT YOU WILL FIND THERE ARE TRAILS MADE AROUND RIDGE TOPS. SOME OF WHICH GO STRAIGHT UP THE RIDGE. SOME OF THE TRAILS ARE FAIRLY EASY. THEN OTHER CAN GET PRETTTY DIFFICULT. ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS TRAIL SYSTEM IS I HAVE HAD A GREAT TIME EVERY TRIP THERE. JUST REMEMBER WHILE RUNNING AT A FAST PACE DOWN SOME OF THE TRAILS, CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE VERY QUICKLY. SMOOTH SURFACE ON ONE SIDE OF A CURVE AND AROUND THE CORNER A PILE OF ROCKS ACROSS THE TRAIL. THE KIND THAT MAKES IT EASY TO BEND A RIM OR BUST AN ENGINE CASE. FOR MOST PART THOUGH, AN EXPERIENCED WOODS RIDER WILL HAVE A BLAST HERE. THE ONLY THING I DIDNT LIKE ABOUT THESE TRAILS ARE THAT SOME OF THE RIDERS TRY TO RUN WIDE OPEN WHILE NOT WATCHING OUT FOR OTHER RIDERS SAFETY. THEY SAY THEY PATROL THE PLACE, I VE MADE AT LEAST 10 TRIPS AND HAVE YET TO SEE ONE PATROL ATV ANYWHERE. ALSO BE VERY AWARE OF THE BEARS. I ALWAYS CARRY A GUN AND CELL PHONE JUST FOR THOSE ENEXPECTED EMERGENCIES. LETS FACE IT, THIS IS IN WV, YOU ARE IN GOD'S COUNTRY, FAR FROM ANY REAL CIVILIZATION ON SOME OF THESE TRAILS.

what about the width of a quad,,,I'm at 50 inches is that an issue,, is it tight trails?? I can adjust my axle but would rather have it wide,,,you know,,,"wider is better".

Rico,

My buddy that used to have a Raptor was actually a hair over 50" and had no problems there.

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

wuz that a short curly hair over 50,,or just your standard hair over 50??? :blah

Originally posted by Rico
    wuz that a short curly hair over 50,,or just your standard hair over 50??? :blah

smart *****. It was a long standard hair.... around 51" or so.
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

50" IS THE LIMIT TO WIDTH, BUT I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM MEASURING YET. RICO, MOST OF THE TRAILS IN JUNE WILL BE PRETTY TIGHT BECAUSE OF ALL THE UNDERBRUSH GROWN UP. THE TRAILS ARE PRETTY OPEN AND WIDE AT ROCKHOUSE, BUT AT BEAR WALLOW, SOME OF THE TRAILS GET PRETTY TIGHT. I HAVENT MADE A TRIP THIS YEAR SO I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF SHAPE THEY ARE IN THIS YEAR. MY TRIP LAST FALL, THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT RUNNING A DOZER OVER MOST OF THE TRAILS BECAUSE THEY WERE SO RUTTED OUT MOST SPORT QUADS WOULD BOTTOM OUT IN THE RUTS. HOPEFULLY THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. IM PLANNING TO RIDE ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND JUST TO CHECK THINGS OUT. EXPANSION OF THE TRAILS HAVE ALSO BEEN HAPPENING. SO THEY MIGHT HAVE 4 RIDING AREAS OPEN NOW INSTEAD OF JUST 3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast