Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 416 kit?

Question Best 416 kit?

Who makes the best 416 kit for the EX?Who has the best price on there kit that also has a gaskit set with it.

This is what I want to get right now
    (all ready have the Pro-meg exhaust)

416 kit at 10.5:1 compression
    XR cam
    head porting+ 3 angle valve job??
    FCR 39 mm carb

What are the prices for this stuff?

Will this make my 400ex wake up some more.

Today we ride the R, Tommorow we ride the 400ex

I have the sparks 416 12.5:1 comp. cost me $198.00 the bore job cost $50.00 since I went to 80 over. Also got my FCR from Sparks for $450.00. Pro Fab Atv did my valves and porting, I think around $325.00. I have a web cam which cost me $130.00, I think the XR cam is about $120.00. I also have the WB ProMeg. Put in a better clutch, I used a Barnett.
    Will this setup wake up your 400? YES
    2004 YFZ 450-- Couple of usefull options--
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

AtvNC.com Race Team

What parts are you looking for in a 'kit'?

Personally I'd just buy the piston (JE or wiseco whichever you prefer), grab some gaskets from service Honda, and have a local reputable machine shop do the cylinder boring.

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

I would definately go with Sparks.

Question

I would like to get a kit that is around 1 grand.I am also trying to run only high test pump gas,say 93 octane only. Will this motor have low end still?Will it sux in gas quciker cause of the larger carb?
    Today we ride the R, Tommorow we ride the 400ex

I have a budy that has a 416 that has more low end than you will ever need. JE 10:1 piston, Carlson MX cam, Head porting, LRD MX pipe, Timing advance key, and the flywheel lightened. This bike will run with the 440's in a 200 foot drag and win. Very strong for a 416.

You can more than likely keep the price under a grand! I think I read in Dirt Wheels(in an ad) that someone is selling Quiksilver Carbs for 380! You can save 100 there. And the Quiksilver is a very nice carb too. If you can put most of the parts in on your own, you will save money there too. I would have a local shop do the porting/ boring. I would then order the sleeve,piston,cam, etc. from Sparks or whomever you choose.

Smile

I would get the 416 National kit from Sparks. This kit is said to beat many other companies 440 kits. The Sparks exhaust won the shootout in ATV Sport and that was only the X-4. The X-6 is made for highly modded motors like a Sparks 416 kit, Sparks 440 kit, Sparks 465 kit or even his 505 kit. The 505 isn`t on his site any more but, I would go with Sparks no doubt. If your for the cheaper price check out his 416 GNCC kit that was made for a guy that did not want to spend a lot. I know the kit is more than you want to spend but he also has some things on it for increased reliability. If you have extra money I would get them. No matter if you get the 416 GNCC kit or National kit you will be happy with Sparks. Hope I helped.

TC racing......

let me do your engine work..i can bore port and do every other thing the over priced shops do ....the reason i do it so cheap is because i didnt waste money on boring bars and stuff like that alls i use is a large drill bit and a rotary tool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast