PDA

View Full Version : Big Buck GNCC New Rules

popo
03-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Don't expect to get in the gates at 9:00 A.M. any more.

From the GNCC website.

Heading to South Carolina to race this weekend? We hope so, the Big Buck is always one of the most fun events on the tour. Just remember a few things before this year's race:

- No pit riding. Pit riding is prohibited at GNCC events, and there will be security on patrol to prevent pit riding.

- All ATVs must have a working tether cord kill-switches. This is an ATVA rule, and we will be checking at Tech Inspection. We will also check to make sure your tether is attached to you at the starting line.

- Gates will open Friday at noon. The track is open for inspection via walking or bicycling after 3 p.m. on Friday.
-Wingnut must run with no grips
What next, no tire balls or hand grips allowed.

lshonda310
03-30-2004, 07:43 AM
noon? what's next, we can't get in until Saturday morning?

bradley300
03-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by popo

What next, no tire balls or hand grips allowed.

new stock class rule popo, bare bars only, wouldnt want anybody having an unfair advantage

Smokey
03-30-2004, 09:29 AM
The working kill switch rule has always been there but RP just has not enforced it . IF you look at the AMA rules they have always said that , I dont know why RP is just now starting to push it though. Someone is on them or they wouldnt be pushing it so hard, I would say that by the time we come back from summer break it will be back to normal .

Thorsdad
03-30-2004, 09:42 AM
No Pit riding that is the biggest joke going My wife and I have had more trouble getting out of the way of pit riders, it is safer crossing the track. I am not talking about guys going for tech just lazy people that won't walk to starts (not theirs) and so on.:mad:

03-30-2004, 09:45 AM
bare bars? wtf.

now the rules are just getting retarded.

the kill switch idea is good though. i support that. :)

bradley300
03-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by DarkManX
bare bars? wtf.

now the rules are just getting retarded.

umm, that was a joke;)

BUCK442
03-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
umm, that was a joke;)

SSHHH! Dont tell WINGNUT!:devil:

Pappy
03-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BUCK442
SSHHH! Dont tell WINGNUT!:devil:

I just read what popo posted....and if i was wingnut id be pissed off:eek:

Admin
03-30-2004, 11:59 AM
I think all new stock Class rules only apply to Wingnut:eek:

Wingnut
03-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I just read what popo posted....and if i was wingnut id be pissed off:eek:

So, that's not a real rule?:confused: Popo, if I can't get these back on you owe me a set of grips!:mad:

Admin
03-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
So, that's not a real rule?:confused: Popo, if I can't get these back on you owe me a set of grips!:mad:

lol, yeah Popo!!! I cut mine off too, so you owe me a set of grips too:macho

Pappy
03-30-2004, 12:12 PM
I heard at wisp you wont be allowed to run footpegs:eek:

03-30-2004, 12:13 PM
I got yo back Wingnut. :macho

03-30-2004, 12:14 PM
I heard at wisp you wont be allowed to run footpegs:eek:

Or beadlocks....:eek:

Admin
03-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Honestly, I don't think we will see anymore mid season class rule changes unless everyone agrees with the change. I talked with Racer Productions the other day and did mention that I feel a Stabilizer should be allowed in the stock class for safety issues, and I was told that it was considered in the past, but the riders turned down the idea.

I will be starting a post probably after SC to see what everyone would think about the ability of running a stabilizer on their quads in the Stock Class.

monkeyboy
03-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Honestly, I don't think we will see anymore mid season class rule changes unless everyone agrees with the change. I talked with Racer Productions the other day and did mention that I feel a Stabilizer should be allowed in the stock class for safety issues, and I was told that it was considered in the past, but the riders turned down the idea.

I will be starting a post probably after SC to see what everyone would think about the ability of running a stabilizer on their quads in the Stock Class.

i runns minn stock soo u neeeds 2 2 harlums:macho no stabality barz a loud inn stokker class:grr:

popo
03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut

Tuff titty said the kitty

1fastprototype
03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Personally I think stock class should run the way you get it out of the crate. Even tire upgrades are only to help with performance. The stock class was designed for the average person to go down to the dealer and buy a machine and go racing. Every little thing added makes the next person have to keep up with the jonses. If you don't like it there are 20 other classes you can fit into that allow you to dump every last penny you have into a quad. Stock should be just that stock. I haven't seen any come out of the crate with 1200 dollars worth of beadlocks and tires. Just my 2 cents.

Admin
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 1fastprototype
Personally I think stock class should run the way you get it out of the crate. Even tire upgrades are only to help with performance. The stock class was designed for the average person to go down to the dealer and buy a machine and go racing. Every little thing added makes the next person have to keep up with the jonses. If you don't like it there are 20 other classes you can fit into that allow you to dump every last penny you have into a quad. Stock should be just that stock. I haven't seen any come out of the crate with 1200 dollars worth of beadlocks and tires. Just my 2 cents.

How many Stock Class races have you entered?

holeshot19
03-30-2004, 04:58 PM
How many Stock Class races have you entered? i want a XL exriders shirt and some stickers bring them to gncc and what will you be driving thanks

Ryan
03-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Whats with all these LATE rule changes?

tprender
03-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Each person will have there own idea of what should be and not be allowed in the stock class.If it is a wear item it can be changed for sure; tires, chain and sprokets. There are some items that can be changed for safety; footpegs, grips, cables, nerfbars, seat covers, and the list can go one. With M/C you can't change or cut the plastic. Then there is a list of things that people don't agree on; axles, rims, steering stems, handlebars,skidplates, bumpers, air filters and lids, etc.
This is something that has to have some give and take on what can and can't be changed. No one has the perfect answer.

popo
03-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Whats with all these LATE rule changes?

1.No hand grips allowed.
2.No front brake levers.
3.Each tire must be of a different kind.

The plus side, you can do as much pit riding as you want.:D

465Stroker
03-31-2004, 04:30 AM
The stock class is just fine the way it is - and I did run the Stock class one time at the Ironman. If you want to keep upgrading your quad beyond wear and tear items such as tires, wheels, chains, etc - or safety items like nerf bars - then race a different class. I really doubt that a steering stabilizer can be considered a "Safety" item.

The key to winning this class is in the rider - not what quad you are riding and that is what it is all about. Adam Howell proved it last year winning on a V-Force - If anyone had a disadvantage it was Adam racing a 500+ lb machine with NO stabilizer, Tire Balls, Nerf Bars, etc - He even did this on STOCK front shocks when he could have used aftermarket.

Have some pride in your riding skills - NOT your ability to spend money...

Let's let the Stock class be what it is suppose to be - Stock.

Admin
03-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
I really doubt that a steering stabilizer can be considered a "Safety" item.

I have had several people ask why aren't I running a steering stabilizer and I told them they weren't aloud in the Stock Class. They responded that a stabilizer should be added for safety purposes. BTW Rick, JG was one of the individuals that mentioned this too me.

I guess I am a money spending fool that wants to ruin the stock class and has no pride in my riding ability.

465Stroker
03-31-2004, 05:56 AM
All I am saying is - If you do not like the rules of a class - Why race it?
The Stock class is the cheapest ATV class to run right now and has produced several top A Class and Pro riders in the last few years that had the same rules then as you do today less gripper seat covers & nerfs.

03-31-2004, 06:24 AM
I have MUCH respect for guys that run the stock class. There's no way in hell I'd run around for 2+ hours on a stock quad. No friggen way. But I have to say that it needs to stay completely stock. EVERYTHING,,,, stays stock down to the cheap *** ape hanger bars and bulky *** clutch E brake lever..:cool:

After all it is called the Stock class isn't it:confused:

Not sorta kinda modified stock class except for a few items that will change race to race and when the sun and moon all line up at the correct time durin the 3rd moon..:huh

Don't hit me Harlen....:eek2:

400exmom
03-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Rico
There's no way in hell I'd run around for 2+ hours on a stock quad. No friggen way. But I have to say that it needs to stay completely stock.
you would if its the only quad you have and you REALLY wanna race:)

david kelsch
03-31-2004, 09:34 AM
At the risk of offending you current stock class riders I'll offer my opinion too!

After three rounds last year I was second in points on the most stock quad on the track. It was truely just like out of the crate. Only the tires were changed due to flats on the stockers. I loved proving that the 400ex and me could be a winning combination.

I think its a joke too that when you look at the quads in this class now, there is barely anything left that appears stock. Sorry Harlan, I still really like the looks of your Z and Im sure your fast. but you aren't on a stock quad anymore. Im not picking on Harlan individually its just his quad stands out to me.

I vote keep the stock class stock. Its simple and sweet. If in a year or so if there are still lots of riders on "old style" atvs without remote res shocks and the like then split the class. Maybe something like the "stock sport" class 400cc or below or the "stock high performance" class 401cc and up. You can call it what ever you want.

It is part of the stock class race to master what the manufacturer put together not how much money you can spend refining the stock machine to gain competative advantage.

Thats all I have to say about that. :blah: :blah:

Pappy
03-31-2004, 09:37 AM
not defending harlen, but other then looks and tires/rims /tire balls...its a pos suki. I dont know how he even rides the thing as fast as he does.

i agree tho, id like to see a stock is as stock does class with the only additions being tires/rims ..nerfs kill switch etc. The stablizer is more a rider enhancement then a performance booster to the quad IMO but i can see both sides

bradley300
03-31-2004, 09:51 AM
. i agree w/ you david, harlen is a great racer, but his quad is not stock, wich is the same for many other of the stock class racers.

if hell froze over and i made the rules, stock would be like this

stock shocks, stocker can be rebuilt, but no ZPS. if your stock shocks are not rebuildable, then that is just a downfall to your model, maybe the manufactuer will change it, until ebay is a great place to replace blown stock shocks. stock motor down to the air filter and exhaust.

aftermarket wheels ar ok,but no beadlocks, or gripper seats

nerfs and the cheap stabilizers ae good, (saftey issues) but no
W.E.R./scotts dampners, only the cheaper denton/PEP design, this is a stock class b/c its cheap, it would be nice to keep it that way. stock foot pegs also.

tires can be changed, but they have to stay the stock size. no tire balls tho, 1000 bucks for flat proff system in the "affordable" class? just dosent seem right to me

steering stems cannot be changed, but different bend bars are alright, obviously, grips and throttle assy. could also be changed. as could chains and sprockets can be aftermarket, but they should be stock gearing.

other than that, anything else could be changed b/c it would not make you go faster anyway. with these rules, harlens quad would be just as pretty as it is now, but i think it would be a truly stock quad

Pappy
03-31-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
. i agree w/ you david, harlen is a great racer, but his quad is not stock, wich is the same for many other of the stock class racers.

if hell froze over and i made the rules, stock would be like this

stock shocks, stocker can be rebuilt, but no ZPS. if your stock shocks are not rebuildable, then that is just a downfall to your model, maybe the manufactuer will change it, until ebay is a great place to replace blown stock shocks. stock motor down to the air filter and exhaust.

aftermarket wheels ar ok,but no beadlocks, or gripper seats

nerfs and the cheap stabilizers ae good, (saftey issues) but no
W.E.R./scotts dampners, only the cheaper denton/PEP design, this is a stock class b/c its cheap, it would be nice to keep it that way. stock foot pegs also.

tires can be changed, but they have to stay the stock size. no tire balls tho, 1000 bucks for flat proff system in the "affordable" class? just dosent seem right to me

steering stems cannot be changed, but different bend bars are alright, obviously, grips and throttle assy. could also be changed. as could chains and sprockets can be aftermarket, but they should be stock gearing.

other than that, anything else could be changed b/c it would not make you go faster anyway. with these rules, harlens quad would be just as pretty as it is now, but i think it would be a truly stock quad

so other then upgrading the stock shocks to allowable replacements and the tire/rim deal harlens quad fits everything you would make mandatory.

and how affordable is a set of tires every other race when $1000 buys you at least half a season on just the rubber when using tire balls? tire balls arent cheap but at the end of the season I bet a serious stock class rider spends that on tires and repairs...not to mention a few rims destroyed thrown in there to boot.

i agree with the stem, and all other areas including allowing the use of a stick type stabilizer....but the shock issue is kinda weak.

you conradicted yourself with money vs replacing stock shocks every 2 races...not too mention safety related issues when some rider overides his stockers and crashes.

i think shocks should be allowed, just retain the stock swing arm and a arms. engine should be stock...except the airfilter. stock models are junk in alot of cases.

MooseRacing
03-31-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by david kelsch
At the risk of offending you current stock class riders I'll offer my opinion too!

After three rounds last year I was second in points on the most stock quad on the track. It was truely just like out of the crate. Only the tires were changed due to flats on the stockers. I loved proving that the 400ex and me could be a winning combination.

I think its a joke too that when you look at the quads in this class now, there is barely anything left that appears stock. Sorry Harlan, I still really like the looks of your Z and Im sure your fast. but you aren't on a stock quad anymore. Im not picking on Harlan individually its just his quad stands out to me.

I vote keep the stock class stock. Its simple and sweet. If in a year or so if there are still lots of riders on "old style" atvs without remote res shocks and the like then split the class. Maybe something like the "stock sport" class 400cc or below or the "stock high performance" class 401cc and up. You can call it what ever you want.

It is part of the stock class race to master what the manufacturer put together not how much money you can spend refining the stock machine to gain competative advantage.

Thats all I have to say about that. :blah: :blah:

AMEN!

johnson357
03-31-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm staying out of the stock debate but I will give my two cents about not being able to get in until noon on Fri............B.S.......That is what we all need to focus on complaining to RP about. Once again it is RP pushing around the quad guys and showing they don't care about the quad racers at all.:mad:

MooseRacing
03-31-2004, 10:50 AM
From one of the all time greatest movies!!!

Days of Thunder

Crewchief Harry Hogge to driver Cole Trickle:
"Theres nothin stock about a stock car"

:D

Pappy
03-31-2004, 10:51 AM
lol...i wonder how many people would change classes if it was truly a stock class:confused:

spincr4hire
03-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Will getting in and out of the track area be a pain in the ***** like Steele Creek was with their one way traffic, WTF was up with that?

lshonda310
03-31-2004, 11:53 AM
From GNCC website:

Big Buck Easter Egg Hunt

GNCC Chaplain Joey Halloway will host an Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday at the Big Buck. Children of all ages are welcome!

Meet up at the Am Pro Yamaha rig at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. Kids can hunt eggs and enjoy some refreshments when it's all over. And most of all they will have fun.

For the racers out there, Brenda Cavanaugh will host a seminar on stretching over at Steve Hatch's Throttlehead.com Kawasaki Semi.

Both events start at 1:30 on Saturday.

I guess that I will not race Saturday so I can stretch out while hunting easter eggs:blah: When is our stretching seminar? Once again quads are second fiddle

Pappy
03-31-2004, 12:04 PM
I will put on a stretching seminar :o be at our rv around 7 am:devil:

lshonda310
03-31-2004, 12:08 PM
I will put on a stretching seminar :o be at our rv around 7 am:devil:

what are you going to stretch??

Pappy
03-31-2004, 12:10 PM
ill leave the blinds open. at around 7 am ill wake up and stretch:p usually its my legs...then my arms and then the big one...my back. i yawn alot too, stretches the jaw muscles! lmfao

dont make fun of my pj's:mad: i like spiderman:o

Admin
03-31-2004, 12:46 PM
BTW, none of you have offended me, and I 100% understand how there are several different opinions on what the stock class rules should be, but there is only one set of rules and it is set by Racer Productions whether you like it or not.

lshonda310
03-31-2004, 01:11 PM
I'll bet ya the rules are getting "stretched"

spincr4hire
03-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
I guess that I will not race Saturday so I can stretch out while hunting easter eggs:blah: When is our stretching seminar? Once again quads are second fiddle

I can see it now, lost kid looking for an egg getting mowed over by Ballance:rolleyes:

Pappy
03-31-2004, 01:54 PM
BTW, none of you have offended me, .

we will try harder:(

cdalejef
03-31-2004, 01:58 PM
BTW, none of you have offended me, Your ugly and your mamma dresses you funny!

Pappy
03-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Your ugly and your mamma dresses you funny!

jeff, you are in deep chit now:( harlen woundnt hurt a fly:o

but his momma will open a can of whoop *** and isnt afraid to sling lead:eek: :blah:

cdalejef
03-31-2004, 02:04 PM
jeff, you are in deep chit now:( harlen woundnt hurt a fly:o

Well he hurt me when he ran me into that tree at Raush Creek! :grr:

03-31-2004, 02:14 PM
we will try harder:(

I'm with ya Pappy..:D

.....Update on the race this weekend....

2nd lap for all morning class racers must be done blind folded..:(

seatec
03-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Rico, i guess that Coolie attached to you handlebar is out too. not on the stock class list!

holeshot19
03-31-2004, 03:49 PM
im 10 min away from the track and its in the 50 degrees range its been raining on and off all day and it rained yeaterday hopfully it want be too hot and dusty

johnson357
03-31-2004, 08:48 PM
I guess none of the quad people have kids that want to hunt eggs.........oh I bet they do but RP doesn't care if they get to. As far as having a PT give a class at the races my wife is a PT and would do so but now we are not allowed in the track until noon so nobody will have time. :grr:

johnson357
03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
:mad: Now that I am good and mad about the way we are treated what are we going to do about it? Harlen or Pappy could you start a thread or a poll and give the results to RP about how unhappy we quad racers are about always getting the short end of the stick. You guys could end up being just like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Freeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddoooooooooooom!:cuss:

BUCK442
03-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Sing it Brother!:macho

JOEX
04-01-2004, 12:22 AM
There seems to be alot of opinions here but I suppose that is to be expected;)

One thing that was brought up caught my eye, if someone is riding to the limits of the "stock' machine, shouldn't that person move up a class?

Or that rider could be a sandbagger....

Pappy
04-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by johnson357
:mad: Now that I am good and mad about the way we are treated what are we going to do about it? Harlen or Pappy could you start a thread or a poll and give the results to RP about how unhappy we quad racers are about always getting the short end of the stick. You guys could end up being just like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Freeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddoooooooooooom!:cuss:

ill let harlen be braveheart:o i like my head attached:)

besides, who would die when that hot princess, future queen chick needs loving...ill be at the castle, knockin bootsold world style:eek:

lshonda310
04-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
There seems to be alot of opinions here but I suppose that is to be expected;)

One thing that was brought up caught my eye, if someone is riding to the limits of the "stock' machine, shouldn't that person move up a class?

Or that rider could be a sandbagger....

What is the limit of a "stock" machine? Ballance is riding over the limits of his quad, so what does that make him? It is not the machine, it is the rider.

Also the women are getting overalls in the morning, should they have to "move up"?

04-01-2004, 05:44 AM

Also the women are getting overalls in the morning, should they have to "move up"?

Yuuuup.........:D What can I say except they are super fast and hand out too many ***'s in the mornin....:o

popo
04-01-2004, 06:09 AM

No, topless.... ya.

lshonda310
04-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by popo
No, topless.... ya.

I'm all for that!!! I wouldn't see a darn thing wrong with that!!

popo
04-01-2004, 06:16 AM
I'm all for that!!! I wouldn't see a darn thing wrong with that!!

Dirty Ole man!

SGA
04-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Looking foward to seeing everyone at the race this weekend.

Now someone tell me they have a used 400ex RED rear fender they will sell me at the race.

Admin
04-01-2004, 07:21 AM
I believe you are in luck. I should have one in pretty good shape in my building! I will bring it along :)

SGA
04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks!:)

Pappy
04-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by SGA

he said it will cost bout tree fitty:devil:

lshonda310
04-01-2004, 10:15 AM
on gncc website:

Thursday, April 1
This weekend's FMF Big Buck GNCC has been cancelled....

April Fools!
Just kidding. Gates will open at 9 a.m. tomorrow (Friday). See you at the Big Buck.

cdalejef
04-01-2004, 10:24 AM
on gncc website:

Thursday, April 1
This weekend's FMF Big Buck GNCC has been cancelled....

April Fools!
Just kidding. Gates will open at 9 a.m. tomorrow (Friday). See you at the Big Buck.

Wingnut
04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
on gncc website:

Gates will open at 9 a.m. tomorrow (Friday). See you at the Big Buck.

So, now it's 9am again?:confused:

04-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Which 3 year old kid of RP actually runs the show over there:confused: :confused:

Admin
04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SGA

The Rear Fender is now loaded in the trailer, but you will need to bring all the brackets and rubber plugs for it.

SGA
04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
The Rear Fender is now loaded in the trailer, but you will need to bring all the brackets and rubber plugs for it.
Im not racing this weekend, the quad needed some TLC and I'm getting it ready for the next one.

JOEX
04-01-2004, 11:03 PM
What is the limit of a "stock" machine? Ballance is riding over the limits of his quad, so what does that make him? It is not the machine, it is the rider.

I guess the term 'stock' still needs to be defined.;) To me it means how the machine left the showroom floor minus add ons. I don't think Ballance's quad is anywhere near stock.

I think the discussion was with the lower classes, the one's that have or should have limits on modifications IMO. What I was getting at was if the rider needs aftermarket parts to ride faster they should move up to a higher class.

lshonda310
04-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I guess the term 'stock' still needs to be defined.;) To me it means how the machine left the showroom floor minus add ons. I don't think Ballance's quad is anywhere near stock.

I think the discussion was with the lower classes, the one's that have or should have limits on modifications IMO. What I was getting at was if the rider needs aftermarket parts to ride faster they should move up to a higher class.

what is a "higher class"? An "A" rider or even pro rider (as long as they don't have a top 10 overall number) can ride in the stock class. I know because I asked RP about this. The stock class is considered more of an "A" class and not a "C" class

and stock shocks isn't too bad, I am leading points in Open A class on the stock shocks, the only thing my YFZ has over a stock class quad is a HMF exhaust.

BUCK442
04-05-2004, 04:26 PM
what is a "higher class"? An "A" rider or even pro rider (as long as they don't have a top 10 overall number) can ride in the stock class. I know because I asked RP about this. The stock class is considered more of an "A" class and not a "C" class

and stock shocks isn't too bad, I am leading points in Open A class on the stock shocks, the only thing my YFZ has over a stock class quad is a HMF exhaust.

Thanks; That remark about the stock class makes me feel better. Everybody said I was sandbaggen goin from A to stock, check the results I am getting some lessons from those stockers.:eek:

SGA
04-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah, the stock class is very competitive. Theres some REAL fast riders in that group.