PDA

View Full Version : cannondale/atk frame

Martin Blair
03-29-2004, 10:14 PM
If you could get the alumnum c-dale frame would the 400ex motor and all supension componets bolt on the aluinum frame with minial fabrication?

bradley300
03-29-2004, 10:24 PM
socks would need to be revalved for the front end, you would also need wider front shock bushings, the rear end is a TOTALY different design and would not fit. then, you got to figure out how to get the motor in, where to put the carb, air box etc. getting the motor in is possible, ive seen the yzf426 motor in a dale frame, but the suspensions wont swap out, plus, dale suspension is better anyway

Jnine
03-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Highly unlikely. The 400EX motor is huge because of the cooling fins, and I doubt it would fit in the Cdale frame. Even if it did, it would be no easy task to make the swap. To remake part of the aluminum frame would be difficult because first you would have to anneal the frame, weld, and then re-treat the aluminum. Kind of a cool idea, but definitely not easy, and definitely not for everyone.

Ryan
03-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
Highly unlikely. The 400EX motor is huge because of the cooling fins, and I doubt it would fit in the Cdale frame. Even if it did, it would be no easy task to make the swap. To remake part of the aluminum frame would be difficult because first you would have to anneal the frame, weld, and then re-treat the aluminum. Kind of a cool idea, but definitely not easy, and definitely not for everyone.

I think what he is saying is, "Its not worth it."