PDA

View Full Version : LRD full system buring my clutch cable!!!

spdygonzalez450
03-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey everyone what up my dad bought a full LRD system for his 400. And we went riding and he noticed that the clutch cable was rubbing on the header and was going to soon burn right threw it. IF anyone has this pipe and had this problem can you please give me an idea of what you did to make it so that it does not rub. any input would help thanks.

CHAUNCY
03-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Use some zip ties to hold it in place so it doesnt touch the pipe. That is what I am doing right now.

cals400ex
03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
also, the black metal mount for the cable on the case will bend. i had to bend mine quite a bit for my sparks pipe.

03-30-2004, 09:52 AM
or you can wrap the clutch cable. anyone know if that's okay? I had someone put together a small plexiglass half tube with clips that acts as a heat shield.

Pappy
03-30-2004, 11:17 AM
slip out to your local speed shop and get them to sell or give you a scrap piece of braided stainless line. make sure its large enough diameter to route your cable thru and then your set. Ive used this on just about every 400ex with an aftermarket headpipe...no more burnt cables;)

Evan400ex
03-30-2004, 11:45 AM
I have the LRD system on my 416 and the first time I started it up I burnt my clutch cable up too. To fix it, I put the cable through a braided heat-proof nylon sleeve that is used on car and truck lines that are near heat from the engine. I don't know what the material is actually called but like Pappy said, go to your local speed shop and they'll have just what you need.:devil:

cals400ex
03-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
slip out to your local speed shop and get them to sell or give you a scrap piece of braided stainless line. make sure its large enough diameter to route your cable thru and then your set. Ive used this on just about every 400ex with an aftermarket headpipe...no more burnt cables;)

yeah, this can look pretty pimp too

Giz400ex
03-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Use some zip ties to hold it in place so it doesnt touch the pipe. That is what I am doing right now. :D :D

spdygonzalez450
03-30-2004, 07:25 PM
cool thanks for the information, i tried using some heat tape and that kind of worked, but i think that i will be using some kind of heat sheild or something like that. i will tell you all what i do and tell you how it works when i get it all figured out.

maxoutput
03-30-2004, 08:18 PM
did the same thing too. I wraped some thin alum. tape around the cable & bent the bracket .