PDA

View Full Version : Tires and Skidplate help!

Cody_300ex
03-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Ok guys im selling my 300ex tommrow, and picking up my new 400. But it needs new tires and a swingarm skidplate. I ride XC, and wooded trails. On the tires Im for sure getting 20s, and need 6 ply, but i dont know which ones to get. I dont want razors (too heavy) I really like holeshots but do ya'll think i should wait and get the new Holeshot HDs or what? Ive been thinking about Kendas since a lot of pros run them. And on the skid ive been thinking about AC, just give me some ideas?!?

Berry
03-29-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah dude kenda are nice all around tires. i like the knarly and the klaw, really your choice there there both nice. skid plate? i dont think id worry about a big name brand as long as it isnt just some rinky dinky skid. my dad and I are working on a full frame skid right now, maybe you have access too tools and could cook somthing up yourself? peace

jonc623
03-30-2004, 07:45 AM
i run razr 2 22-11-9 with 14 t front and 38 t rear no problems also best skid plate i have found is prm i have had ac for years and this new prm is way better

Cody_300ex
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Berry
yeah dude kenda are nice all around tires. i like the knarly and the klaw, really your choice there there both nice. skid plate? i dont think id worry about a big name brand as long as it isnt just some rinky dinky skid. my dad and I are working on a full frame skid right now, maybe you have access too tools and could cook somthing up yourself? peace

Yeah my dad and I have access to plenty of tools and metals, But i need one by this weekend so I can ride at turkey bay without being paranoid about warping a rotor. Also on the skidplate when i buy one which thinkness should i get? Im best prices ive found so far are AC for 62.95 , and UM Performance for 64.95. But Ive had bad experinces (sp?) with AC not fitting just right.

Berry
03-30-2004, 09:44 AM
get the AC 190. thickness

KY Woods Rider
03-30-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd go with a PRM skid, the .190" for general trail riding or the .250" if you expect to encounter a lot of rocks and don't mind some extra weight. The PRM skids aren't cheap, but they're the toughest aluminum skids I've ever used.

I've severely bent and also broken AC swingarm skids and so have several of my riding buddies, so I don't have much confidence in their swingarm skids now. AC's chassis skids are okay (PRM is better though), and I like AC bumpers and nerfs, but there will be no more AC swingarm skids going on anything I own.

As for tires, well, you shot my recommedation in the foot as soon as you said you didn't want Razrs:D. Yes, they are kinda heavy, but I'll put up with the tiny bit of extra weight in return for the traction and puncture resistance they provide. If I absolutely had to use something else, I'd probably try out the Holeshot HD.

Cody_300ex
03-30-2004, 06:44 PM
On the tires im leaning torwards the Holeshot HD or Holeshot XCR. Anybody have there Holeshot HDs yet? If so how do you like them and anybody that has Holeshot XCRs how do you like like them?

red03400
03-30-2004, 06:56 PM
the kenda klaws are great tires!!! i got them wen the first came out and they never poped once yet... and the hook up is great.....skiplate? just go with ac or even durablue (its plastic but does the job):devil:

-----------------------------------
03 400ex
kenda klaws
ac skids
yoshi comp. fullsystem
KnN air filter
renthal bars
tinner scoops
ac nerfs frunt bumper
nacs headlight covers
race cut fenders
sbs brakes
scott grips

mustang93
03-30-2004, 07:54 PM
kenda klaws/ great tire just point and shoot.:macho

dingo
03-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Go with the PRM skid the are great and tough get out there grab bars as well as there front bumpers. They are good to work with to.

JOEX
03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by dingo
Go with the PRM skid the are great and tough get out there grab bars as well as there front bumpers. They are good to work with to.
PRM is great stuff:macho I was going to get a PRM front bumper till I came across this....... IMS

dingo
03-31-2004, 11:30 PM
That looks like I have seen that before some were Joex

JOEX
03-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by dingo
That looks like I have seen that before some were Joex
I don't think you've seen the bumper though:D

At least in person!:cool:

doozer
04-01-2004, 11:54 AM
i have holeshots(original style) and i absolutely love them. they hook up like crazy and slide out nicely. my buddie has razr's on his predator and i myself would by holeshots over razr's anyday of the week. as for skid plates i was interested also and need 'em, but prm sounds like its getting most of the votes.

hondarider2006
04-01-2004, 02:17 PM
I am with Doozer. I have some 20-11-9 holeshot XCR rears and they are awsome. So far I have only had them in the winter, so they have only been in the snow, but they even hook up in that stuff.