PDA

View Full Version : Krylon Fusion for My Plastics- Should I?

Fast250EX
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I really want black plastics for my 250EX so since I got logan to have you photoshop it, I am here to ask if you think it would be good to paint mine with Krylon Fusion. I know the stuff is strong but I still am a little scared to think I am painting my expensive plastics.

Just so you know and if it helps, mines an '01 and I have never rolled it and don't have any cracks in the plastic. It has a large scratch in front but that was cause a stupid Mojave goes too slow in the corners, lol.

I would appreciate any replies and help.

Thanks.

RH1N08d9
03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I just painted mine last night. Haven't had a chance to ride with it yet, but If it does what it says, its supposed to be pretty crack, and scratch resistant after seven days, right now, mine tends to scratch easily, but it's not set up yet. You can always touch it up too!

Fast250EX
03-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Glad to hear a positive result right off the bat. Does it look real good?

If I get a few more positives, I might have to find a reason to do it. Hmm.. I haven't had a good wreck in a while...:D

YFZWHEELIER
03-29-2004, 08:50 PM
i have hade awesome luck with krylon fusion paint! i painted my kawasaki bayou 220 about a year ago and it is still looking perfect, i just painted my 400ex 2nite black so im sure it will hold good and it looks awesome and shiny!!

02Yellow400
03-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Krylon Fusion paint sucks. My buddy just bought a quad off a kid on here that painted his plastics with it. So many flakes and stress cracks after barely any riding. Then when he pressure washed is huge chunks of the paint were flying off. Hate to burst your bubble about the paint but its not worth all the hassle. Better to just save and get real plastics.

Cody_300ex
03-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Paint and quads do not mix!

thomez
03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
What the heck, go for it! :macho

Fast250EX
03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I don't think I will paint all the plastics, i just can't get myself past the idea that I am actually painting my quads plastics.

I do plan on painting those black side pieces on my 250EX. They are so scratched that plastic protectorant wont even save it so if it screwed up, it wouldn't be a total loss. I really need to buy new ones anyway, just lookin for a way to save some money. Paint is my way of saving money, lol. I painted my stock pipe chrome with red flames, lol.

Thanks for all the help.

EXDUNER127
03-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Anybody have pics with the fusion, it should stick pretty good if you sand and prime right, and if it does not work just use bumper stripper from wally mart for 3-4 buck and it will come right off.

NaturalNoobie
03-30-2004, 03:11 PM
It should work as long as you prep it right

blasterkiller14
03-30-2004, 04:38 PM
I was thinking of doing that to my 91' 250x, the plastics are so F*&%ed up anyway. They are scratched real bad, if not ill have to buy new ones, I think im gonna try it on the bottom, or where no one would see it like where it covers the gas tank. I would also like some pics of one painted.