PDA

View Full Version : Suspension?

exkicksazz
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
What would be a good aftermarket suspension for an affordable price?

beak7707
03-29-2004, 05:48 PM
I don't know what price range you are looking into. But Elka's are about the best bang for your buck. You can get there econo models for around 550, and race models with compression for 850 or so. If you just want to ungrade from stock works are alot cheaper. You can get on ebay and find some good deals on after market shocks, but they probably wont be set up for your weight and ride style.

03400EX_Nacs
04-08-2004, 09:41 AM
you can get some works for an alright price i got mine used with rezzies for like 500 for both front that seem ok.....

J37MX
04-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Get Elka econos they work awesome for the money. You dont need to get real expensive shocks with rezzies or anything. Your not going to notice the shocks without rezzies fading that much unless your riding really hard for a long time. If you find that you need rezzies you can always buy them for the Elka econo shocks for about $250 or $300 more. But the econos are ride height adjustable, Zero preload, triple rate spring. Let me know if your interested I can get you a decent deal on them new if your seriously interested.

tstrenuous10
04-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by J37MX
Get Elka econos they work awesome for the money. But the econos are ride height adjustable, Zero preload, triple rate spring. Let me know if your interested I can get you a decent deal on them new if your seriously interested.

really now? i think i jsut found a new best friend.

im lookin at front ends right now...and i mean FROM THE GAS TANK FORWARD. i already got sttering stem and bars picked out. i know how big i want my a arms to be just not sure what brand. shocks....i want some elkas cuz ive heard its worth it to spend the money vs Works. what kinda deal could you get me on the econs?

JDiablo
04-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by J37MX
Get Elka econos they work awesome for the money. You dont need to get real expensive shocks with rezzies or anything. Your not going to notice the shocks without rezzies fading that much unless your riding really hard for a long time. If you find that you need rezzies you can always buy them for the Elka econo shocks for about $250 or $300 more. But the econos are ride height adjustable, Zero preload, triple rate spring. Let me know if your interested I can get you a decent deal on them new if your seriously interested.