PDA

View Full Version : full system or what?

JDiablo
03-29-2004, 04:49 PM
should i go ahead and get a full system for my 300?the only motor related mod i plan on doing is a carb and some airbox lid mods and thats it...will that be enough for the full system because i don't want to lose the bottom end.Or should i wait until i get like a cam or soemthing then go with the full system?and this is for the people with a stock motor really and a full system if there less bottom end?thanks and sorry about this post if might be kind of confusing:cool:

AC 400 ex 02
03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
if your staying with a stock bore i wouldnt go for a full system, it isnt worth the money and you might loose some torque because the stock head pipe is made for a stock bore, some companies have sheets that tell you which exhaust for which bore, i would get a slip on, remove the air box lid, and a carb won do a whole lot for you either unless your motor is demanding more which stock isnt, hope this helps

tprender
03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
On the 300 the full system is a good investment. The stock headpipe is to small for that engine. Also, go 1 tooth bigger on the front sproket. I had an FMF Mega Max on mine and it only comes in a full system for the 300.
On the 400 a slip-on will work just right in most cases.

JDiablo
03-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by tprender
On the 300 the full system is a good investment. The stock headpipe is to small for that engine. Also, go 1 tooth bigger on the front sproket. I had an FMF Mega Max on mine and it only comes in a full system for the 300.
On the 400 a slip-on will work just right in most cases.

idk i heard it loses bottom end idk though ill give it a try...now what full system to get...i think imma stick with yoshi and grab one of there full systems?>good or no?