PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your 450r

Phillip
03-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Just wondering what all u guys do when cleaning your bike i know everybody has different ways just curious about some, anyways i clean mine with a combo of mr.clean and dish soap with a sponge and hose. then when dry i spray pro prep pn it and it looks like it brand new.then i use some tire wet.

Honda
03-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I take mine to the Local Power Wash. I start with a High pressure soap, Then use the Tire bright, Then Rinse with high pressure Water, Then use the Spot Free Rinse.

I tried the Garden Hose technique. It just doesn't have the power to get all the caked on dirt off.

Cost Usually $5.00 to $9.00.

Cost after last weekends Harescramble? Priceless!

:D

jasontrx450r
03-29-2004, 05:06 PM
i hose mine of with a regular garden house then use car wash soap...it takes a little time but it cleans really good and i dont want to damage anything using the pressure washer

gncc571
03-29-2004, 05:36 PM
I powerwash all the mudd of then spray the whole bike down with simple green and let it set for about 5 mins.then spray it off and thats it looks like new and didn't touch it with a sponge.

Honda
03-29-2004, 05:45 PM
i hose mine of with a regular garden house then use car wash soap...it takes a little time but it cleans really good and i dont want to damage anything using the pressure washer

just watch what ya point it at, it should be fine.

jc2all
03-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Same as above, rinse off all mud/dirt, except use WISK (liquid type only) laundry soap in spray bottle and soak bike well, let set for five minutes and power wash off, you will be surprised how well this works and it's cheaper than most other cleaners, try it once before you say what ??? :D

Honda
03-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Mike's Express! LOL!

norrisboat
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
buy a powerwasher from home depot. they work pretty good.

quadrcr161
03-30-2004, 02:29 PM
i pressurewash mine with some ramsorb degreser. its a enviromental company above our office. i spray it on and let it sit them pressure wash it off. then i take a wash bucket and dilute the ramsorb and hand wash it off. pressure wasing cleans it but the dirt and mudd leaves a residue on it that can tarnish rims and cases.