PDA

View Full Version : Re-enforced wheels

Texan32
03-11-2002, 07:36 AM
I got a set of douglas .190's a few months back. I am worried about trashing them when i ride. Anyone know who sells/installs re-enfocement rings? I thoug about beatlocks, but i don't think i need those. Anyone know?

86atc250r
03-11-2002, 08:38 AM
OMF

I'd give you their website, but apparently they are much wiser than us and have determined that this internet thing is just a passing fad and have let their website & domain go down with no plans on returning it to service.

03-11-2002, 09:57 AM
look in any 4 wheeler mag,,you'll see their add,,,I think you can buy the rings at $20 a piece,,but once you get them welded on your worries will be over,,cuz your not gonna bend your rim with these rings on..

Texan32
03-11-2002, 10:27 AM
so, i order the rings and then just have a local machine shop weld them on? I don't know about that. I live up in Minot, North Dakota. They might look at me really wierd if i show up with wheels and rings.:rolleyes:

I mean don't you really have to know what your doing, since the aluminum wheels are pretty fragile (for welding of course)? I also want it to look professional. can i send my wheels to omf and have them do it?

Texan32
03-11-2002, 10:30 AM
With your mods....416, xr cam, exhaust and rejeted carb....how does your 400 hold up againt a raptor? Honestly! I want to know if i should do the same mods you have, or hold out for a 440 kit.

For some reason, i like the idea of going with the 416 more than the 440. Something about more mods = less reliability.

03-11-2002, 10:42 AM
First off yes you can send your rims to OMF,,,I bought mine with rings already installed.

2nd,,I haven't raced a raptor yet so I honestly can't say,,but guys with very similiar mods,,say they can hang with a raptor,,with no problems,,and some say with port work and the same setup mods I have can run with piped raptors.

About the only person I've run against is my buddy who rides a YZ250,,,and we run neck and neck on a long straight away at a local MX track....when we get close to the end were there's a turn,,,I"m WOT in 4th and he's about half throttle in 5th.....the 416 setup I have runs really strong..compared to stock. My next trip out is with no choke, new airbox with no lid, and 110 octane,,then I'll know what it's all about..port and polish coming soon..

If you were to get a 416 kit(compression of your choice), new cam, , no choke, rejetted carb, and removed the airbox lid,,93 and 110 octane 50/50 mix your gonna run with a raptor,,,no doubt about it. probably run with a piped raptor..

NDrider
03-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Texan32, There is Aluminum Specialties in Mandan. They might be able to weld the rings on for you. Their number is 663-0457.

DESDAK4
03-11-2002, 11:00 AM
There is a place called M&S Sheet Metal Inc. and several others here in Minot that seem to be confident in there abilities.

Texan32
03-11-2002, 11:07 AM
hey Rico...again...

not to souind like a 'tard, but how does the 416 kit work? is the piston taller ( to get more compression)? If so, how does it become a 416, wouldn't a taller piston bring down the cc's?

on pure reliablility terms, is there a difference in the 416 and the 440?

Also, how much change in jetting is there from stock (well, im running a 165 main with my alien system) and when you put the 416 and cam in?

hey 400...thanks for the #. I will give them a call.