PDA

View Full Version : i have some questions, need answers

chad cavagnaro
03-29-2004, 11:58 AM
1. i have not ridden in a while and recieved a large case of, what i call baboon butt! is there any good material to wear against the skin to keep this from happening. my seat is very hard. yfz 450 seat. hardest ive been on! bought some padded shorts and that didnt help the area that gets raw, or will my *** toughen up after riding a while.

2. how do u guys keep youre stickers on youre quads. do you use an extra adheisive or any other tricks, mine come off after
first wash. whats the secret?

3. on my yfz 450, i nstalled 23 maxxis razor 2's on frnt, and 20 razor 2's on rear. when i go over big rocky uphills were you almost have to come to a stop, it some times stalls because of going so slow. do most of you re-gear with sprockets or not.
i still have factory sprockets.

any advise will be helpful, thanks in advance

Pappy
03-29-2004, 12:00 PM
1) monkeybutt will go away...just ride it out:eek2:

2) clean the area you want to place a sticker with rubbing alcohol prior to installation

3) learn to clutch the quad over obstacles instead of chopping the throttle open and closed.

03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
1) learn to live with it.

2) exactly what pappy said

3) Close your eyes hang on and grab a whole hand full of throttle!

xcyfz450
03-29-2004, 12:47 PM
1- we have been using vasoline in are cracks before the race no more raw spots

03-29-2004, 12:52 PM

Some track secretes are ment to be kept as secretes!!!!!!!!!

dirtmomma
03-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Some track secretes are ment to be kept as secretes!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO thats what I was thinkin:eek2:

cdalejef
03-29-2004, 01:22 PM
1. Most of the pro YFZ racers are adding extra foam to their seats to prevent this.

2. Do not power wash your quad!

3. You need to chang you riding style, use more speed and feather the clutch. This is a race bike and is not supposed to be lugged.

cdalejef
03-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by xcyfz450

CatMostFeared
03-29-2004, 01:46 PM

Do you use your finger or a bush to install this vasoline.
Which hand becuase if I shake hands with you I dont want it to be greasy or stinky.:eek2:

popo
03-29-2004, 01:49 PM

Say what! I use duct tape... no more cracks :D

gncc571
03-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by popo
Say what! I use duct tape... no more cracks :D

Like GNCCer said,some track secretes are ment to be kept as secretes!!!!

jlhughes750
03-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
1. Most of the pro YFZ racers are adding extra foam to their seats to prevent this.

where are most of the Pros getting there seat foams????

I would have to say strapping on a jet ski seat has crossed my mind the day after racing my YFZ..

In my neck of the woods we call it "swamp arse" !!!! I'm gonna be checking into getting my seat thicker real soon!!!! I can't take it no mo!!!!!!

later, J

jcsact
03-29-2004, 02:27 PM
Gold Bonds Medicated Powder. Helps relieve Monkey Butt. I generally put a dash of powder in my shorts before I ride.:eek2: :p

If your using a pressure washer don't wash down on the stickers go straight at them. If you wash down on the edges it will force water behind the stickers.

holeshot19
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
balwins sells a flywheel weight that helps those bikes from stalling:blah:

chad cavagnaro
03-29-2004, 05:22 PM
some of these idias are good! some, not so good. lmao
well as far as riding style, im sure this will improve with experience but there are sometimes were you just cant use speed, for example, i was riding yesterday, came to a rocky spot
were there were a series of step up rocks about a foot high each, about three steps, with roots and trees on both sides, then an imidiate left to miss a tree, on the other side of the tree there was a 20 foot drop off. then another imediate tree to turn right at....so sometimes u cannot use speed. i think the feather of the clutch trick would work...but i get to thinking about trying to save my clutch because of financially i want to do other things for my quad before an upgrade clutch. how much abuse can an oem clutch take before u burn it up?

is there not any other ways to get a sticker to stay on better? adhesive or something? what do pros do?, i know poeple say not to spray wash youre quad but 2 hrs to get mud, dirt, grime excetera from all of the small areas by hand, everytime you ride!
usually what i do is pre-soak then pressure wash from far enough away to control direct pressure, avoiding the chain, then hand clean the chain with chain brush, but the stickers still come off, at least the cheap, thin ones do.

i was considering using lycra running shorts under my padded shorts, anyone try this? my shorts control seat bumping [pounding] my *** but the sliding i believe is what has made the raw bloody mess i have right now as i stand up to type!!!! T>M>I> i know that with seat time this will decrease, but i always get it, and is distracting when trying to ride hard or race wich i havent done yet, but would like to work on these before i do.

thanks for the responses, even the silly *** ones. lmao:D

gncc571
03-29-2004, 05:30 PM
I've thought of trying silk boxers before,don't if it would work but it might be worth a try.

atvchik
03-29-2004, 06:05 PM
I thought monkey-butt was just a joke, ewwww!

:eek2:

coorsinmyc-bak
03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
im tuff,i dont wear any drawers.kinda like the marlboro man.

03-29-2004, 06:10 PM

Tuff and DRUNK are two different things I think you are the second of those two!!!!!

coorsinmyc-bak
03-29-2004, 06:33 PM
(sings)i am beutiful no matter what you say,and words cant bring me down.

popo
03-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by coorsinmyc-bak

Now we know why you talk with that gruffled voice. :D

atvchik
03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I rode with someone once that blew out thier jeans, and they rode the rest of the day in rain pants with no drawers....
just skin on wet/muddy rain pants.....now that's tuff!!

I bet he didn't sit for day's after that ride.

jonc623
03-29-2004, 07:44 PM
un padded spandex shorts and gold bond work great baby powder works good too

SGA
03-29-2004, 10:13 PM
My friend bought some of those spandex bicycle shorts with pads in the rear, says they work great. He wears them as underwear when riding.

Drop one tooth on the front sprocket. It will help wonders with the stalling problem and the RPM's will be a bit higher in 1st.

SGA
03-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, Exriders tells it like it is. You want answers, we got em, and no holding back ;)

chad cavagnaro
03-30-2004, 11:40 AM
what kind of air pressure do you run on a real rocky course? especially in the front to keep from dammageing, [bottoming]
rims on the sharp rocks. ive heard about 5 lbs, but i keep bottoming my rims wich im sure will eventually dammage my hipers. will race my 1st harescramble this weekend, any other advise will be appreciated. thanx

cdalejef
03-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by chad cavagnaro
what kind of air pressure do you run on a real rocky course? especially in the front to keep from dammageing, [bottoming]
rims on the sharp rocks. ive heard about 5 lbs, but i keep bottoming my rims wich im sure will eventually dammage my hipers. will race my 1st harescramble this weekend, any other advise will be appreciated. thanx What kind of tires are you running?

chad cavagnaro
03-30-2004, 02:46 PM
22 razor 2's frnt
20 in rr

cdalejef
03-30-2004, 02:54 PM
I'd run 6 in the front and 6 in the rear if its real rocky

lukester720
04-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Hey man, I do valet parking on 12 hour shifts and it can tear your skin up good sliding in and out of cars, clothes rubbing, and just flat out sweeting your arse off, but what I found works great is desatin (sp) you know the stuff for babies that comes in a tube. Its a thick white paste that is pretty much waterproof it works great and stays on all day. Hope this helps!

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:05 AM
gold bond or baby powder:rolleyes: