PDA

View Full Version : Dual Rate W/Rezzies Vs. Triple Rate W/O

excess
03-29-2004, 09:37 AM
I was looking into a pair of front shocks for my 400ex. I rarely use the bike or do a lot of riding with it, I tend to take it a lot to practice nights at a local track here and wanted to get a better set of front shocks. What do you guys recommend for the MX track the duals w rezzies or triples with out. Budget is an issue because I rarely use the bike and don't take the mx riding serious so Im not looking for a pair of elkas or anything near that, just something that is better than stock within 350-450 bucks.

Cole Trane
03-29-2004, 09:59 AM
I'd get the triple rates. If you want, you can get them redone by de risi racing or something when you have more cash.

excess
03-29-2004, 11:30 AM
What is the actual purpose of the rezzies and its benefits?

zephead400ex
03-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Rezzies:
The shock is exactly the same valving, travel, spring set,
etc. The only difference is the non reservoir (non rezzy) design has the oil and gas mixed together and the reservoir design (rezzy) keeps the oil and gas totally separate.

The purpose of the rezzys is to give the heat in the shock a
"radiator" location to dissipate faster. This causes the shocks to run at a lower temperature and the oil will last longer and require less rebuilds than the non rezzy design. Another purpose is for slightly more oil capacity for additional heat absorption/radiation.

Hopes this helps. Correct me if any info is incorrect.

Juggalo
03-29-2004, 03:08 PM
get the rezzies

excess
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
jugg so you recommend the duals with the rezzies instead of the triples?