PDA

View Full Version : Went campin' & riding this weekend

dirtmomma
03-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Well we took our 1st camping trip of the season this weekend & had a really good time. It was just the 4 of us this time cuz everyone was busy or scared cuz it was raining :rolleyes: so we decided to go up Friday night to our usual spot, it got flooded a few months ago so we weren't sure what we were gonna find but the campground was still there......whew.......it did rain Sat. but a little rain can't keep us down LOL so we went for a small ride but lil mans chain came off & so we ended up going back to camp for the day. Sun. turned out to be beautiful weather wise, sunny warm, so we fixed the chain on the LEM up & took him for his 1st rideup the BIG mountain, Ron had to hook him onto the back of the 400 w/ a strap cuz he didnt' have enough power to make it up it is soo steep LOL but we got him up to the top then split off on a trail he did sooooo good, we had to go over some downed trees & that was a HOOT watching him, on the 1st run he had to be helped over so we told him he had to stay on the throttle so on the way back down well thats exaclty what he did LMAO he almost bounced right off over his bars but by god he made it over both of them all by himself hahaha. He loved it & felt pretty good being able to ride his "sweetie" up the mountain by himself!! On the way down Ron strapped the 400 behind the LEM so he wouldn't miss the brake & go off the side(no banks) & that worked out good so he could use his brakes & Ron was just there in case he missed the brake, I stayed on the cliff side of him he did great & then we took jhim on a nasty rocky trail that he had been on last year & he did even better this year!! He drowned it out once puddle jumpiin :rolleyes: but he figured it out that he can't go thru them LOL Unfortunelty I didn't get any pics this time :( but did get a little video may have to see if I can get it downloaded. All in all we had a great weekend & it ws nice to get the lil guy on the trails again, he's gonna be gettting LOTS of seat/trail time this summer then should be all ready for racing this winter!!

seatec
03-31-2004, 07:04 AM
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Adn there are people who say that quads are only for hudlums and the likes.
What do they know.

dirtmomma
03-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Yeah it's too bad there's some people out there that have to give us a bad name! Thats right we're NOT all hoodlums on quads LOL heck we picked up a bunch of some "hoodlums" garbage on our ride :rolleyes: just don't understand how people can just toss thier beer cans & garbage on the trails :huh we're going back this weekend I think & will be taking some garbage bags to clean some more stuff up!!

seatec
03-31-2004, 07:31 AM
Taking Garbage bags in and picking up Garbage of others is very admirable and should be done by everybody who rides into nature. Plus, you are teaching the little ones valuable lessons.

You get my vote for quad mom of the Month!

dirtmomma
03-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by seatec
Taking Garbage bags in and picking up Garbage of others is very admirable and should be done by everybody who rides into nature. Plus, you are teaching the little ones valuable lessons.

You get my vote for quad mom of the Month!

HAHA WEll gee thanks ;) ;)

seatec
03-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Hey, Credit where Credit is due. :D

kHeOvNiDnA
04-01-2004, 02:43 PM
were going campin and ridin next weekend (easter break) we dont ride that much, but we dont take alot of food.. we hunt to eat, so its basically just a big huntin trip, me and about 6 other guys.. we take about 4-5 koolers down with us, full of your favorite alcohalic beverages. it usually alot of fun.. gettin a chance to unwinde from work and school... but its fine, no ridin or shootin while drinking! :D

dirtmomma
04-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by kHeOvNiDnA
were going campin and ridin next weekend (easter break) we dont ride that much, but we dont take alot of food.. we hunt to eat, so its basically just a big huntin trip, me and about 6 other guys.. we take about 4-5 koolers down with us, full of your favorite alcohalic beverages. it usually alot of fun.. gettin a chance to unwinde from work and school... but its fine, no ridin or shootin while drinking! :D

Right on sounds like fun, yeah we definetly take PLENTY of cold beverages, stock the fridge & keep extra cases stashed in the motorhome:blah: nothin worse than running outta beer up in the woods :eek: Now as for hunting our food unfortunetly Ron doesn't hunt but most of our friends do so they bring us goodies :) Have fun & be careful I think we're going to go up again this weekend, DAylight savings WHOO HOO!!! Thats about all we do in the summer is camp, we'll get some racing in but after doing it all winter I like to get away from it all & relax!!