PDA

View Full Version : 2004 250 ex shocks upgrade

breezeblocker
03-29-2004, 07:58 AM
are there any better factory shocks that will fit a 250ex?the stock ones are on and it rides terrible.rode a buddies 400ex and its very smooth.dont want to spend a lot,looking for a quick,cheap fix.thanks.

PhilMoore
03-29-2004, 07:08 PM
What is your weight?

I put a Banshee front shock on the rear of my wifes 250EX. She weighs (doh, better not say) pounds. (around a hundred pounds). It really plushed out the ride. It also lowers the quad about 2 inches. I have gone for a few putts on it and took some small jumps. I weigh about 200 and I didn't bottom out, I don't think I did anyway. I put works dual rate fronts on. The lowest weight available. I think it was like 130 or something. This really helped the front too. I got the Works direct from California and went over with the guy there several times how I wanted them to be ultra plush. He did good.

Don't know of a stock adjustable shock that will work on the front, sorry.

breezeblocker
03-29-2004, 09:13 PM
wife is about 140 lbs.going to try the banshee front,saw it on e bay for cheap.thanks,brett

atc86r
04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Phil, why didn't you use a works on the rear? Did you end up with a smooth ride? I'm thinking of going works all the way around. How much were they and where did you purchase them? Got a pic of the rear shock? thanks wil,

PhilMoore
04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
I didn't use works on the rear because my wife and I are very satisfied with the performance of the Banshee shock. Also, a works rear shock is pretty expensive, and I couldn't justify the cost when the Banshee shock works so well.

I got the fronts directly from Works at www.worksperformance.com, except I called them to order and talked to a guy there about getting them as plush as possible.

It is very smooth and comfortable, except the seat needs new foam, it is quite stiff.

If I get time this summer, I plan on building some extended a-arms so I can put the rims back to normal. With the front rims flipped, it has some pretty severe bump steer. It hasn't been a problem yet, and it sure makes it more stable.

The fronts were around $350.