PDA

View Full Version : Deep water

Towlieee
03-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Me and my friend took his 300ex through some water for the first time today.. We started getting into deeper water..

I finally got into some really deep stuff that touched the exaust pipe, a few seconds later his quad died. It woulden't start..

It would turn over fine and crap but woulden't start.. aftera while it would click like it was trying to turn over, but coulden't turn it...

Then we got a rope and pulled it out, took it to dry area and it started turning again, checked the air box NO water..

no water in the exaust either that we could tell from the back..

It finally started after a while but woulde't idle for crap.. rode around for a while and warmed it up, still woulden't idle..

Think its fine? :confused:

Berry
03-28-2004, 09:52 PM
sounds like water in the air box? was the box not wet at all? it could have been the plug got wet? oh i remeber somthing now. my friend had a 300ex and when he would get in water just over the foot pegs it would die because there was a vent tube from the carb that lead down under the quad. so when water went over the tube, it would die. he just re routed the carb under his seat.

Towlieee
03-28-2004, 09:54 PM
the box still had dry dust in it, no water there, and didn't get close to being near the plug...

may be the carb tho