PDA

View Full Version : trailblazer?????

redrider69
03-28-2004, 07:48 PM
yea im thinkin bout goin and lookin at a trail blazer and i wanted to know some pros and cons and can u mod them i dont know what size it is but its pretty big but any info would be appreciated(SP)??

Butters
03-28-2004, 10:00 PM
one of my friends had a 250 trailblazer and he loved it. he could do wheelies forever.

BeltSlipper
03-30-2004, 03:34 PM
You can mod them. Good bikes, alittle heavy,but if taken care of they'll last forever.
Good starter bike. And as you progress, add the mods.
Reclutch it, pipe it, bore it. And have fun with it.
Cons: The darn things weigh a ton. But they don't break to easy.
Slow as stock, but that can be fixed.
Resale isn't the best, but not to expensive to begin with.
Hope this helps.

Butters
03-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by BeltSlipper
You can mod them. Good bikes, alittle heavy,but if taken care of they'll last forever.
Good starter bike. And as you progress, add the mods.
Reclutch it, pipe it, bore it. And have fun with it.
Cons: The darn things weigh a ton. But they don't break to easy.
Slow as stock, but that can be fixed.
Resale isn't the best, but not to expensive to begin with.
Hope this helps.

04-01-2004, 06:07 PM
don't get one...get a recon or 250ex...trust me these bikes are slow and the recon is 10 times better and faster....the trail blazer always needs gas takes off like a dog and boring

Halo Boyz
04-01-2004, 07:07 PM
pleas dont even think about it. if you oly ride in trails thats one thing but i had one for about 4 months and sold it. you cant put much on them when it come to proformance. now that i think of it you cant really put anything on it it come with big steel things that i guess you can call nirfs maybe some tires and i think somes make a pipe for them. but they are the same size as the 400 scrambler.. THAtS HUGE FOR A 250!. they are heavy too not the best for jumps... and when blasters were buring me ....:mad:.. i would get a new 300ex there was a shoot out in dirt wheelies that i just got today that said they were the best all around for the cc size so i would get a new 300exor maybe if you dont want that a mojave they are also bolth alot more fun so screw around with. (you can wheelie them) ha i had to use a hill and stand on my grab bar to wheelie it. but like i said if your ONLY going in trails i would prob go with the TRAILblazer ha when i had it that was the only good thing aout it it was realy smooth even on some realy bad spots and its nice and high off the ground that hellps alot too:devil: or you can just buy my raptor haha

TheFontMaster
04-01-2004, 07:15 PM
2 stroke engines of that size arent a good match because 2 strokes need to be kept in the powerband, and the cvt trany is a terible match. Get a 250 or 300EX. They are lots of fun and since they hondas they will last forever.

04-02-2004, 11:30 AM
dont buy one my bro and my cousin had one and i hated that thing.they are very nimble and they roll easy trust me u will get hurt on it and it is the slowest two strock ive evr ridden and it is way to heavy and doesnt take woops well

mall0y
04-10-2004, 06:20 PM
im not too hot with the trailblazers or any of the so-called polaris "SPOrt" quads. Liek they said before look into a a 250ex or somethin

ScrnNmsSUCK
04-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Trailblazers are a pos. Idk how relieble they are because Atreyu's Tb Always had something going wrong with it. They are slow heavy and big. Go For the 250ex or and of the other 250 besides the TB

southbeach14
04-11-2004, 07:04 AM
the only good trailblazer i know of is from chevy

redrider69
04-16-2004, 10:47 PM
ive already got a 300 i was wanting a lil goof around quad and one pops can ride when he goes wit me its only like 600 bucks nuthin wrong wit it

Lil - Braff
04-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Trail Blazer's are good quads for someone just starting out on a quad and totally new to the sport. They are easy to ride and you don't have to worry about shifting. I'd say go with a 250ex or something in that sort b/c 1. a 250ex is a honda and 2. it is a lot lighter. What and who are you going to be buying this quad for?

TroyLeePred03
04-19-2004, 01:46 AM
the point of the trail blazer was never to be a power hog and be the fastest thing out there, it offers a little peppy 2 stroke with auto cvt tranny for the beginners, even the experienced, if clutched and the motor has some decent work, it can have some balls, yes 2 strokes need to be in the powerband, which clutching helps because it raises the engagment point and the backshifting reaction, how come snowmobiles are so succesful with the same basic idea:rolleyes: common now, the only reason the trailblazer dogs is because its engagment is set very low in the rpm which its not getting the power down on the bottom it doesnt hit till a few more rpms.....my snowmobile engages at around 5 for racing, with the dragon button it limits it at around 4700 so once u let off it catches, drag racing guys do that, and if u get traction u hold the **** on:devil: , clutching does wonders if you know wat your doing, if not EPI is the best out there for polaris and u can call and they can set u up with a custom kit for what you want or have...TLP

TroyLeePred03
04-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by redrider69
ive already got a 300 i was wanting a lil goof around quad and one pops can ride when he goes wit me its only like 600 bucks nuthin wrong wit it go for it, if it runs for 600 its a damn good deal u cant find anything decent for 600 anymore lol