PDA

View Full Version : Dyno vs. Dial a jets

fastkid400
03-28-2004, 06:50 PM
What the heck is the difference. And is it a good idea to get one?

ewalker302
03-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Do a search on the dial a jets I've read that people have problems with them.

Dynojets are fine, buying individual keihn jets is cheapest tho.

:bandit:

2004TRX450R
03-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Personally I'd stay away from Dynojet jets. I'd stick wtih the keihn jets. The dynojet jets are sized different so you will get way confuesd if you talk to someone and they start quoteing you get sizes becaue they will be different. Also Keihn jets are more redily available should you need to buy one when you are on vacation somewhere and need to rejet.

redroost85
03-29-2004, 08:05 AM
I too have found this out the hard way. All that dyno jet, k&n jets, dial a jet is all chit. Mine is running so much better with the proper Keihin jets.:cool:

Slimyslipknot
12-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I too have found this out the hard way. All that dyno jet, k&n jets, dial a jet is all chit. Mine is running so much better with the proper Keihin jets.:cool:

Mines got a dial-a-jet and mine runs AWESOME!

Colby@C&DRacing
12-21-2006, 08:09 AM
I personally like the kehin jets over the dynojet stuff. I do like the dialajet which is a completely different product than a jet kit.

Slimyslipknot
12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
dialajet which is a completely different product than a jet kit.

I am a noobie at the jet kit stuff... whats the diffrence between dialajet and a jetkit?

northwest Texas
12-21-2006, 05:10 PM
A jet kit is an assortment of main jets and a needle.

A dial a jet is an external modification that is supposed to provide a little better performance and adjustability between two different jet sizes without having to go into the carb.

Slimyslipknot
12-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
A jet kit is an assortment of main jets and a needle.

A dial a jet is an external modification that is supposed to provide a little better performance and adjustability between two different jet sizes without having to go into the carb.

sound like the dial a jet is better to have.

chiaml
12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Is there a kit of Keihn jets similar to a dynojet kit? I always thought they come individually from say a dealer.

northwest Texas
12-21-2006, 06:11 PM
yes and no. You can get some from your dealer which is simpler for most people or there's a website called Jets R Us that sells kits.

The one thing I like is replacing the phillips head screws with allen head. Even with a good screwdriver, some of my heads are a little deformed..

CDCHONDAS
12-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree with yall. Everyone thinks they need a jet kit, its so overrated and priced. And some i ran into have adapters to used other style jets ?!?!?!?! the dial-a-jet is cool in the right hands. I want to play with them alot more.