PDA

View Full Version : Haspin acres race report:round one

brian-250
03-28-2004, 03:06 PM
who won who lost how muddy was it EXT.:D

worm
03-28-2004, 04:24 PM
i was there.but didnt race..the track was fun..i jumped on it for a minute and came over a hill and about ran dead into a big *** truck..i dont think haspins XC is worth it..i saw one of the front guys come out of the middle..w/ his right front hangin off broke and ratchet strapped up...and another 450r come out w/ tie rods all tweaked.... it was fun though..goo dday w/ a lot of riders.
BTW we were parked in the hairscramble parking in a green 4 door frod dually and blue dodge dually. i was on a YFZ450..later

GNCC225
03-28-2004, 07:14 PM
It actually got dusty for the first time in a while, and still as rough as usual. I agree that place is dangerous even with the flaggers.

joshyz125
03-28-2004, 07:15 PM
I Finished 8th in the A Class. had a little trouble, cost me a spot or two, but over all a decent day.

RideRedEX
03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
i wish they gave out a plaque for most wrecks. i would have atleast gotten something more than a lot of pain.

GNCC225
03-28-2004, 07:31 PM
i hit a few trees today myself, it felt like i didn't have any brakes but it could of just been that muddy water. But it is good practice for the gncc races.

Lil - Braff
03-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Well whenever I wasn't stuck I think I did okay. Not sure what place I got but I doubt it was the greatest. I didn't feel to good and I got stuck ALOT. But I only hit one tree today! :D I had fun and it was good seat time. Can't wait til the next race!

RideRedEX
03-28-2004, 08:15 PM
after puttin my chain back on 5 times and some guys R flipping down the hill and landing on top of me i was just happy to finish

250EXstud
03-28-2004, 08:31 PM
13th out of 34 in A class. I did awsome on the start but got stuck in the big mud hole.:mad: But had a fun day.

RideRedEX
03-28-2004, 08:57 PM
when do you think they will start posting the new race results on there website?

250EXstud
03-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Probably not for a week or 2.

bradley300
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
me and the blaster layed the smack down in the sport class, think i beat 2nd place by about 5-7 minutes, i'll be there for the next race also

david kelsch
03-29-2004, 08:56 AM
congrats to all who raced.

Completing that race is a victory in its self.
Congrats to a job well done by the EXRIDER members who turned out. I recognized many of the names when I gave out the plaques.

The sky was clear the temps were great and the turn out fantastic. I don't have the exact numbers but my rough math says there were over 150 riders. Somewhere around 20 pros, over 30 A class and over 50 b class. I know the sport/novice class was also full.

We had some first race blues as far as race management goes. It will improve of course each race.

I chickened out of running the pro class, I seen the class sign up sheets and there were a bunch of fast people signed up. So I thought I do better in the A class. Man was I surprised when I found 30 some people on the line.

I placed 5th.

Ron Elmore 400ex, Southern Indiana, placed 1st in A class, Nathan Richardson from Camden Oh finished 3rd Z400. Matt Clapp on a 450r finished second.

In the B class Matt Roell finished 1st aboard a 300ex. He and Matt clap raised the bar locally for expectations of a 300ex's performance. NICE!!!

In the Pro class Brent Howell Martinsville Indiana aboard his brand new YFZ450 finished 1st. It was his first race on it and I can attest he was flying. He took home $150 for his first place. By the way there was no damage to his quad. So if you raced and bent, broke, or lost something ITS YOUR FAULT!!!, not the track. I think some of you are used to riding on garden paths and graveled trails. Scott Fleschauer (sorry about spelling) got second, and Ron Martin Martinsville IN 400ex got third. I think scott was on a 450R. These aren't official results just running off memory.

There were many quads damaged. The one 400ex with the front end damaged happened in the woods on a tricky off camber. Shae G. will have a little work cut out to repair that one. I hate it happened that way but I still beat ya. LOL. Shae is an invisible EXRIDER member.

Special thanks to T&T motorsports for the drivers meeting door prizes. They gave out a lot of nice stuff.

See at the next one, unless your a mudd wuss.:macho

bradley300
03-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by david kelsch
cI know the sport/novice class was also full.

I think some of you are used to riding on garden paths and graveled trails.

the sport/ute/novice class had at least 20 people in it, b/c braff 1 was #920, there could have been more that signed up after him also, how ever many it was, it was a big class especially coming into the first turn!

i hear ya on the garden path thing, i thught that track was kinda smooth(and i was on stock blaster susp) espcially for a local. track was a little short, but i liked it, had some good hill climbs too!

i'll be at the next one!

beak7707
03-29-2004, 05:22 PM
This was my first race ever, and I think it went pretty good. I was second into the woods on my 300ex, bradley300 was right behind me. But that was the only time he is extremely fast on the blaster. I ended up finishing 5th in the sport class, I think that is pretty good for my first time. I thought the track was a little rough, but the hills and mud didn't give me any trouble. I'll be back at the next one chasing bradley300.

bone705
03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
this was my first one too. i started in the b class which was a little over crowded. i had to start behind the row. i ended up following beak pretty much the whole race until i got stuck in a huge mud whole on my last lap. it took me over 30 minutes to get it out. so unfortunaly i didnt get to finish. but hopefully next time. can i run in the first year racer class?

brian-250
03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
me and the blaster layed the smack down in the sport class, think i beat 2nd place by about 5-7 minutes, i'll be there for the next race also

alright playtimes OVER its time to hand you your ***!im points behind,cant miss another race i gotta catch up!:macho :macho ill have my helmat off and my plaque by the time you get to the line:macho :blah:

joshyz125
03-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm the guy from T and T that brought that stuff to the race. They accually had 2 More items they forgot about and didn't raffle off. I talked to becky and they are just going to raffle them next race. I will be bringing about 6 more items to the next race also. Which will include a gift certificate, t-shirt, Heuvos 6, a few T and T Posters, and a couple other items.

beak7707
03-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Maybe I'll be able to win something in the raffle next time then.:D
Thanks for the support man, I'm glad people help to put on races.

Lil - Braff
03-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
This was my first race ever, and I think it went pretty good. I was second into the woods on my 300ex, bradley300 was right behind me. But that was the only time he is extremely fast on the blaster. I ended up finishing 5th in the sport class, I think that is pretty good for my first time. I thought the track was a little rough, but the hills and mud didn't give me any trouble. I'll be back at the next one chasing bradley300.

Now see... I was almost totally opposite! This was only my second race but I thought the course was nice and pretty fun actually. The mud was what was giving me problems. I got stuck in just about every mud hole before the hills. :grr: The hills I did fine on whenever I did NOT get stuck. I just can't wait til the next race!!

jesshamner
03-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by joshyz125
I'm the guy from T and T that brought that stuff to the race. They accually had 2 More items they forgot about and didn't raffle off. I talked to becky and they are just going to raffle them next race. I will be bringing about 6 more items to the next race also. Which will include a gift certificate, t-shirt, Heuvos 6, a few T and T Posters, and a couple other items.

Thanks for the prizes! I'll have to order some goodies and use my $10 gift certificate. David, thanks for recognizing the exriders. Its nice to put faces to names. I only got the chance to meet Bone705 and his friend...I didn't catch his name.

I don't know how I managed to get 6th. I felt tired and slow the whole race and couldn't get any motivation. I had to start in the second row in the B class too! That isn't cool at all. I think I could have been closer to the front to begin with but I took too long getting to the starting line. I remember seeing the numbers of the B class in the 70's!

countypark
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Good job Bradley300. I can't wait to get out and ride. I really need to get in shape for Loretta's if I'm going to keep up with you guys.

The quad is almost done. Just waiting on A-arms.

bradley300
03-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
alright playtimes OVER its time to hand you your ***!im points behind,cant miss another race i gotta catch up!:macho :macho ill have my helmat off and my plaque by the time you get to the line:macho :blah:

thats all your gonna be doing- trying to catch up

but to give you a glimmer of hope, 2nd place was on a recon (no chit either, but i passed him on my second to last lap), but like i said, i wrecked 1/4 mile into the track, the whole class passed me, and i still one by about 5 minutes.

jesshamner
03-29-2004, 10:28 PM
I hope someone beats you next time Brad! :blah:

bradley300
03-29-2004, 10:42 PM
thanks for the motivation! you wanna be next? dont make me race b class! lmao, j/p i dont really like to brag or talk trash, but brian started it!
see ya'll at the next race, see you in TN countypark!

jesshamner
03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok Brad...I'll race ya. I'll just have to make sure there are plenty of fast sections. I think I have a slight edge in the cc and hp department.:macho

bradley300
03-30-2004, 06:53 AM
ya, i think you def got me in the horse power department... for a little while:devil:

brian-250
03-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I hope someone beats you next time Brad! :blah:

ME!

Lil - Braff
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
ME!

Why don't ya actually show up and prove it!? :blah: lol

jesshamner
03-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
Why don't ya actually show up and prove it!? :blah: lol

All that trash talk and you didn't even show!:rolleyes:

1rancher
03-30-2004, 06:23 PM
his mommy would let him come out and play

brian-250
03-30-2004, 06:32 PM
durn howed you know that:huh :blah: (joke)

david kelsch
03-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Ok, the official top 5 results for Haspin Acres round one.

Pro quads:
1) Brent Howell YFZ450
2) Scott Fleischhauer YFZ450
3) Ryan Ferguson 400EX
4) Ron Martin 400EX
5) Kevin Wall YFZ450

A quads:
1) Ron Elmore 400EX
2) Ryan Stoneking 400EX
3) Matt Clapp TRX450R
4) Nathan Richardson Z400
5) David Kelsch 400EX

B quads:
1) Matt Rowell 300EX
2) Tony Zupancic 400EX
3) Justin Stuckwich YFZ450
4) Joey Chapman Raptor
5) Joey Gassaway TRX450R

sport/utility/novice
1) Brad Morrison Blaster
2) Bate Beyers Recon
3) Greg Arthur LTZ250
4) Ray Whitaker Polaris
5) Klynt Thompson 300EX

Round two is April 25th see ya there mud flees

brian-250
03-31-2004, 02:37 PM
hey dave,where did johnathon dieaterland (sp) finish i think he ran B class but im not sure:confused:

david kelsch
03-31-2004, 03:00 PM
I dunno'. The remaining results should be available at www.haspinacres.com soon.

remlapr
03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Dave - with the huge size of the B class, why not add a C class? It seems like it would make sense. Only downside would be that more plaques would have to be given out, but I think the rider's would be in favor of it. I know at the Haloween race she had a C class.

david kelsch
04-01-2004, 05:53 AM
The attendance at the first round has traditionally been a lot better than the remaining races, Halloween 100 excluded. If after the second round the #'s are still up I agree that another class is needed. The trophies are expensive, they are almost half your entry fee. I don't think that is the limiting factor though. I'll run you idea up the ladder and we'll just see what falls back down.

Thanks, everyone keep up the input.

Admin
04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
David Kelsch it would be great if you could get put together a complete race report from your events with numerous pictures because I would be happy to add it to the race coverage section to promote your events.

Let me know.

Braff1
04-01-2004, 02:33 PM
My picture taker started racing with me this year. So now I need to find a pit crew and picture taker.

250EXstud
04-01-2004, 07:53 PM
My dad could take pictures.

Lil - Braff
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 250EXstud
My dad could take pictures.

Well give him a camera and tell him to start takin pics!! lol

worm
04-01-2004, 08:08 PM
so you all know..they updated the site at haspinacrs.com w/ the results and aireal photos...and there will be a c class for the next race...have fun yall see you out there next time

Lil - Braff
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by worm
so you all know..they updated the site at haspinacrs.com w/ the results and aireal photos...and there will be a c class for the next race...have fun yall see you out there next time

Where are the pics? I didn't see them!

countypark
04-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Good to see a 300 out running the 400's and 450's

Way to go!!

jesshamner
04-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by countypark
Good to see a 300 out running the 400's and 450's

Way to go!!

I got beat by a 300ex:mad: Good job to that guy!

david kelsch
04-02-2004, 08:40 AM
To EXRIDERADMIN:

The whole race reporting with picture taking gig is a tuff job. Once upon a time a couple years ago I reported on the GNCC for ATV SPORT, anyone remember raptor dave writes and rides? My hats off to your staffs high quality race reporting. I went out and bought what I thought was an expensive camera. My photos were just never very good. I never bought a good lens. I don't mind trying though but you all have set a very high bar. Congrats.

I like the idea of working with other racers families to get good photos. I spent my time trying to report and race. I hate to be selfish but this summer I wanted to race, (localy that is).

How about we all work it out so that I can post results and a summary of the race and everyone contribute suitable photos.
If someone out there feels Jiggy then I welcome them to take the whole ball of wax.

brian-250
04-02-2004, 04:03 PM
my mommy can take pics:o