PDA

View Full Version : 250 problems

Dupontster
03-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I am having some problems with my 250x. When I am riding for about 10 minutes it cuts of like it is flooding up and when I try to start it back up it won't even try to start. If anyone have any ideas why it is doing this please tell me. I was thinking something is wrong with my jets or something.

Xrider06
03-28-2004, 07:09 PM
i have a 250x and last summer and fall i had the same problem. i would just be riding and then it would just shut off and i would have to wait for about a hour b4 it would start again. i took it to the shop and the guys took the engine apart and said that the valves had needed adjusted. i got it back and went riding the next night and it did the same thing then once winter came i couldn't start it at all if it was below 40 or so but it starts right up now.:mad: what i dont understand is that it hasnt done that since.:huh now it starts right up and it never quits or anything and never gives me any trouble. its like it fixed itself. well goodluck with urs and maybe yours will do the same.;)

JTRtrx250r
03-29-2004, 07:06 AM
you might wanna take apart the carb and clean er out, the jets are small and can become clogged pretty easy, also make sure your pet-cock flows well, and be sure the gas-cap vent hose isnt plugged, good luck w/ it:)

Dupontster
03-29-2004, 01:27 PM
I kinda thought it had something to do with the carb. I'll check it out real good.