PDA

View Full Version : Lectron 44 Megatron Carb?

Chef
03-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Well heres the deal. I took off my FCR41 because I have to use that on my CRF, and my FCR39 just doesn't flow enough. Its got a SERIOUS loss of power from the 39 to the 41. Its plenty responsive, but the horsepower just isnt there anymore.

My question: Do I bore the 39 to a 40 or 41, or get a Lectron? 42 or 44? I'm sure I could handle makin the 44 fit in the intake boot and intake manifold, but is it going to fit under the tank and stuff? Obviously, its a huge carb, but it takes alot of carb for my motor. Plus, lectrons dont cost as much as FCR's.

Are the lectrons easy to tune? I know that you have to keep em clean, so dont even say that.

twisted threads
03-28-2004, 09:39 PM
I say go for the lectron 44mm. I do know that your going to have a hard time getting it to fit under the tank. I got me a Lectron 2 years ago but the thing just didn't fit good enough for my likeing. So I bought a 39fcr (I wish i would have gotten the 41fcr). By the way, who do you know that does carb boring?? And how much is it?:cool:

Chef
03-28-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the guy who does my motors can do it....he can do everything else. No idea how much it is...I am calling him tomorrow. I think if I bore it I can pretty much just go back to my old FCR41 jetting specs...lot less risk of grenading my motor ya know? :blah:

cals400ex
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Chef
I'm pretty sure the guy who does my motors can do it....he can do everything else. No idea how much it is...I am calling him tomorrow. I think if I bore it I can pretty much just go back to my old FCR41 jetting specs...lot less risk of grenading my motor ya know? :blah:

what carb did you end up going with?? what carb does your builder suggest??

rocky ridge suggests the lectrons for mx and dragging. however, he said he wouldn't put them on a cross country bike. he said the 40mm fcr off the crf450 bike flowed more than the 41mm fcr on a flowbench. just something to think about.....

Chef
04-14-2004, 05:33 PM
He suggests a 41 I think...its not really a "I Suggest" thing between me and my engine builder...we just kinda do what we both think needs to happen.

When talking box stock FCR's, i think the 40mm probably does flow more. I had a little bit of different stuff in my 41...it worked pretty good. You could hear more air going in the motor than comin out at idle.