PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Sway Bar Mounting?

heavy_d
03-28-2004, 12:10 PM
I bought a stock anti-sway bar recently for my lt500. I am having trouble figuring out where it is suppose to mount. Now, I'm thinking it should bolt to the upper a-arm in front, then the rods should go to the bottom shock mounts, but i'm just guessing, anybody with any suggestions?

Here is a pic of how it looked when I bought it but I have sandblasted and painted it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/pff958a7e8cfca70011f662e7dc65a87c/f933a192.jpg

tt racer
03-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Yes it mounts to the upper a-arm bolts and the lower shock mounts. I dont see the mounts for the upper a-arms? Anyway start neutral then go from there, little adjustments at a time. You need 4 bathroomscales!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2004, 01:37 PM
mine was a pain in the butt to put on too this last time for some reason.....:mad:

LazeR
03-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Heres a really smart question! What does it do ?:confused: I know when i rode my friends zilla it was all over the place, does this fix that ? or was his toe in toe out all screwed up ?

QuadJunkies
03-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
Heres a really smart question! What does it do ?:confused: I know when i rode my friends zilla it was all over the place, does this fix that ? or was his toe in toe out all screwed up ? they help keep all four to the ground when doing TT and shorttrack They area HUGE help.There are a few manufactorers that may them for various machines and some will fit others too like m,ine come off a 250R,but We had to mod it a little to fit properly.I have Durablue and the Predator has a HPD thats sweet lookin!!:cool:

heavy_d
03-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
they help keep all four to the ground when doing TT and shorttrack They area HUGE help.There are a few manufactorers that may them for various machines and some will fit others too like m,ine come off a 250R,but We had to mod it a little to fit properly.I have Durablue and the Predator has a HPD thats sweet lookin!!:cool:

yeah I got a 1/4 mile flat track in our field and I really don't do that much jumping so I figure a sway bar would be a good mod being I desperately need help in the handling department and seriuosly need traction in the rear, is there any other way of getting a precise setting besides using 4 scales tt racer, can't you weigh 1 tire at a time or would that put more weight on the other tires because its not even?

LazeR
03-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
they help keep all four to the ground when doing TT and shorttrack They area HUGE help.There are a few manufactorers that may them for various machines and some will fit others too like m,ine come off a 250R,but We had to mod it a little to fit properly.I have Durablue and the Predator has a HPD thats sweet lookin!!:cool:

Thanx, i always seem to learn something new everyday on this site! I think thats why i love it so much!

dirtmomma
04-01-2004, 08:47 AM
I just got a used/homeade one too all I can say is you need to play w/ it ALOT to get it set up right!! don't do what I did & try it @ a race :rolleyes: :blah: chittiest night I've had LOL. We don't use scales, you just need to play w/ it till you get it set how you like it. I took mine off & swore I would never use it again LOL, just couldn't get it dialed in, it woudl feel great on the 1st lap then it was like it just let loose & was pusing me intot he wall:mad: next time I put it on I will be testing testing testin!! I ran my brothers Durablue this last winter & it was GREAT, I just thinks it's the person setting it up :eek:
Anyway have fun MAN I would LOVE to have a 1/2 mile track @ my house :blah: :blah: :blah: