PDA

View Full Version : Are the GBC Shredders comparable to Razrs or Holeshots?

excess
03-28-2004, 10:19 AM
I was looking into getting a set of either one of these tires for my 400ex in the rear, do you guys lean towards one of these more than the other? The price difference is only $10 so what do you guys recommend for motorcross? The shredders look nice in my opinion which is why I was looking into them

Butters
03-28-2004, 12:57 PM
to me they look about the same. i have razr's and think they are great. i would go with whatever was cheapest.

modracer5
03-28-2004, 04:20 PM
my two favorite mx tires are the mxr holeshots (hook up the best but wear out really really fast) or the good ole turf tammer. ( really hard to beat for the price and hook up extreamly well) the razors hook up ok as well but are a really heavy tire. shredders are ok at best for mx ... last a long time but don't hook up as well. i have personally run all these tires and own a set of each right now. the shredders got the trip to the trashcan.

Juggalo
03-28-2004, 05:07 PM
i am runnin shredders. their decent. no complaints. you won't notice a diff between shredders razrs or holeshots i guarentee it, so just save yourself 20 bucks and get the shredders. they last a long time too

terko440
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
I bought the shredders a while back just to be the guinea pig who tried them out and there ok but once the ribs or outlines on the x's wear off they seem to lose traction. And if you look at them compared to hole shots and others the shredders have a much more dense tread pattern which in my opinion is bad for traction because the lugs are close together they wont let the tire sink into the ground to grip. But they seem to last because of this so your choice from there. I guess I just dont think their the best is all not slamming them. Good luck

03-28-2004, 06:58 PM
iv'e seen thread about the shredders in the past & everything said was mostly negative about them with them not hooking up[ well & wearing down extremely fast on hard surfaces...Im going to stay with razrs or klaws on my next rear set & get 22"s...im also thinking about mudsharks because I do alot of trail riding & those seem to maybe hookm up well

BigAl
03-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I had a set of sredders, and liked them really well.

I cut some knobs off of them, similar to the way guys do with their turf tamers, and that really improved the traction.

They work well on hardpack, and seem to last a little longer than turf-tamers.

excess
03-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I just ordered a set, I figured they can't be that bad. As it is I have no knobs whats so ever on my stock tires, and they must be a better tire than the factory ones, do you guys at least agree on that?

Braff1
03-28-2004, 10:03 PM
I just got done racing with a set of schredders. Lets just say they were the crapiest tire I have ever had in the mud. If you ride in dry to tacky mud they are OK. Once you get in the looser mud they start not to clean out and want to spin. I say spend the xtra and get a good set of holeshot xc's.

excess
03-29-2004, 09:16 AM
I called the order in and changed them for a set or Razrs, they were the same price 40.99 each

ghak99
03-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by excess
I called the order in and changed them for a set or Razrs, they were the same price 40.99 each

Good Choice! I like mine extremely well.

Braff1
03-29-2004, 11:03 AM
You will be much happier. :D

toby400ex
03-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by excess
I called the order in and changed them for a set or Razrs, they were the same price 40.99 each Where did you buy em from. Cheapest I have found for razrs is like $48 at rockymountaintatv.com

03-29-2004, 02:32 PM
rockymoutnain never has the tires in stock whenever I am ready to buy them from them

excess
03-29-2004, 05:34 PM
rockymountain has them for 40.99 20/11/9