PDA

View Full Version : ATC to TRX Conversion

Killer_Shee
03-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Hello all, this is my first post here on this forum. Anyways, I have some questions about a large project that we have coming up. Back in the good 'ole days I had a ATC250R with DG's Gary Denton National motor kit on it, needless to say the trike just flat out hauled! Well, I ran across this trike that I hadn't seen for nearly 7 years and it is for sale!! The overall condition of the trike almost made me cry, but the asking price is only $400. What my idea is to take that trike and pull the motor and install it into a 86-89 TRX frame. My question to to you fine folks here is how much will crossover from the ATC frame to the TRX frame? I was hoping the whole rear end would bolt up including the swingarm, linkage, shock, master cylinder, etc. Anybody here that has any expertise on this subject please lend a hand and give me any advise you see fit.

SnellCRP
03-28-2004, 09:23 AM
You will have to buy a frame, front end, plastic, gas tank, rear brake master cylinder, rear brake lever, footpegs and some other little stuff, but the engine, swingarm, rear shock, axle, rear wheels/tires, handlebar controls, electrics will all work. I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but I have done a conversion like that in the past so if you have any questions I will try to help. Just e-mail me at SnellCRP@hotmail.com. :D