PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like problems......

400Riderex
03-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I was thinking about putting a 440 kit in my 99 400ex but it seems so see that whenever people put the kit in they have problems with starting it or whatever. PLus does it really make that much of a difference with power? can u explain.

i am 14yrs old and i just purcased a 99 400ex

FMF Mega Max
K&N w/ outerwear
razrs front
R/a shredders rear
Renthal bar
moose racing handguards
PEP stering stablizer
Maier number plate
armildillo skids and front bumper
DG red nerfs
modified airbox lid
i prolly forgot some nothing to big tho im just starting

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

JOEX
03-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Instead of building the motor put some aftermarket shocks and a-arms on it. You will be able to ride much faster and smoother than just a motor hop up.:)

03-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Instead of building the motor put some aftermarket shocks and a-arms on it. You will be able to ride much faster and smoother than just a motor hop up.:) thats what I did

Atreyu
03-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Instead of building the motor put some aftermarket shocks and a-arms on it. You will be able to ride much faster and smoother than just a motor hop up.:)

That's the best way to do it. ;)

atvracr350
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
guys im not trien to offend anybody, but the question was is a 440 kit reliable or not. This is my thoughts on a 440 kit after hearing all kinds of things on them, doing homework on them and this is what i think: If you get them bored right by a respectable engine builder, sparks, ct, etc. you probably won't have probelms with the bore. If you take the extra money and put in a high compression piston, high performance cam, new rockers, rod, port and polish and some other things i may have forgot you will have a very reliable and fast bike. And yes the 440 kits really do make a lot more power than stock, it just takes A LOT of money to get them as reliable as stock. My advice to you as a 14 year old is to get a standard bore high comp. piston, a drop-in cam, and a pipe and airfilter, jet it, and you will be reliable but still faster than stock. I hope this helps.