PDA

View Full Version : A few important 300ex questions

Wayne64SS
03-27-2004, 09:22 PM
First, I changed my oil this weekend for the first time. The motor has just finished breaking in (about 20 hrs) I noticed quite a bit of metal in the oil filter? My buddy said it was prolly normal and just from break in wear on the gears and such? Secondly my ignition seems to break down in reverse. My manual says nothing about it but we seem to think its some sort of rev limiter. Does this quad have a rev limiter? I cant tell what rpm its at by listening to it so it'd be comforting to know i cant overrev it. Does it have any sort of rev limiter in neutral or forward gears? Also what is max rpm for this engine? It is an 03 300ex. Thanks for the help guys.

nakomis0
03-27-2004, 09:57 PM
I can answer 2 of the questions... The metal in the oil is normal from break in, and reverse does have a rev. limiter....

Wayne64SS
03-27-2004, 10:02 PM
awesome that takes alot of worry off of my mind. Anybody have any idea wether this thing has a rev limiter in forward gears or in neutral? i found the hp through a search ... it said 17??? yuck .. shoulda bought a lawn mower they coem with 22!?!?!?!?! Is this true? ahahaha. i was out riding last night with my buddy and his 04 warrior and we were in alot of mud. he kept gettin stuck and my honda dont get stuck in nothin. woohoo so happy!

Aceman
03-27-2004, 10:39 PM
The rev limiter is part of the ignition so it doesn't matter what gear your in, the engine will still start to cut out when the max rpm is reached. As for the metal in the oil filter I wouldn't worry about it yet, just keep an eye on it over the next couple of oil changes.

nakomis0
03-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Should of bought a lawn mower... :p .. thats funny.

Towlieee
03-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
awesome that takes alot of worry off of my mind. Anybody have any idea wether this thing has a rev limiter in forward gears or in neutral? i found the hp through a search ... it said 17??? yuck .. shoulda bought a lawn mower they coem with 22!?!?!?!?! Is this true? ahahaha. i was out riding last night with my buddy and his 04 warrior and we were in alot of mud. he kept gettin stuck and my honda dont get stuck in nothin. woohoo so happy!

Actually I read that the 300ex is 13 hp.. lol but who knows, its just stuff ppl put on the net anyways

Also read it has a 8,750 rpm rev limiterin forward/neutral.. I think its lower in reverse...

However your lawn mower is geared for torque and is probably 1 speed, and your 4 wheeler can do over 7mph and has 5 gears