PDA

View Full Version : Thought you fendercutters were crazy but....

MadcapEX
03-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Man I thought you guys that cut your fenders were nuts but after this weekend I wish I had cut mine. I was crossing one of those slanted concrete bridge abuttments and it was STEEP with about a 6 foot drop into a god knows how deep river that was prolly pretty cold.Paying more attention to not falling in the river, I hooked a drain pipe with the right front and then $hit got ugly.It spun me sideways, then recovered, then found myself headed straight towards the water. I have no idea how I didnt go swimming or at least roll my quad. Next time I hear of cutting fenders to see the front wheels,I aint gonna laugh.

R-Crazy
03-10-2002, 08:15 PM
that scares the living $hit outta me just reading it. i have cut fenders. hate riding bikes with fenders now. i would do it. just my suggestion.

dave

MadcapEX
03-10-2002, 08:40 PM
yeah and the worst part was I HAD TO CROSS THE DAMN THING AGAIN to get back.Second time was less eventfull though.

Moto92
03-10-2002, 09:58 PM
I have cut fenders and its not really that bad. I ride trails all the time. My boots and leg bottoms may get muddier but that doesnt hurt anything. I got on my friends 400 the other day with the fenders still on it. It was the weirdest feeling, I couldnt see a dang thing.

ny300exrider
03-11-2002, 04:33 AM
i thought it was also dum to do when i first got into atving but with all the people on here that say why they are so important, i am definitly going to cut mine when i get my quad. I think it looks cool, and even more important, you can see your front-end when needed. Thanks guys, for having all this info for a beginning rider.
peace

440EXR
03-11-2002, 06:11 PM
I got to tell ya I was holding off cutting my fenders cause I trailride as well as race but finally did it today took it for a ride and got to admit Its nice to see your wheels also its seems easier to nose down for landing a jump. thanks for the courage to do it Guys :D

03-12-2002, 07:49 AM
i think it makes the quad look spiffy!:rolleyes: :) :D

330exracer
03-12-2002, 02:26 PM
but the coolest part of havin cut fender is just to watch your sshock and a arms move while riding. its so neet i do it all the time.

DiceMan400
03-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Cutting fenders is a great first mod to do....... No money involved..... Can see infront better........ Can judge you nose angle better off jumps..... Can see all sides of front tires so you dont run over anything you dont want to....... And it looks so much cooler than the fendered quads.....:D

03-13-2002, 09:41 PM
I know you guys think cutting your fenders is cool, and it helps to see the front tires, but thats not the whole purpose. Cutting your front fenders is usually to reduce wind drag when going fast. On some quads it can boost the top speed a couple miles an hour.

MadcapEX
03-14-2002, 04:33 AM
I dont know about you guys but I aint tryin to cut my stuff up just to gain a couple miles an hour.Who cares ,2 times in your life you are going to max the thing out and the second time your ***** is going to jail for riding on highway 97.