PDA

View Full Version : ReconES shift problems

NePa Recon
03-27-2004, 05:33 PM
I have a 2 year old Honda Recon ES. Today I am having a problem with the electric shifter. When I am riding, the light will be lit for the gear I am in and also the #1 light will flash. Then I am unable to shift up or down. I have to shut it off, then restart it and it is ok for a little while until it does it again.
At first I thought it was when I went thru large puddles but then it started to do it at any time.
I took the shifter botton assembly apart and did not see anything wrong. I also check the other electrical connectors and also adjusted my clutch tension.
I took it for a ride and it seems ok for now.
Any ideas what the flashing #1 light means?

TheFontMaster
03-27-2004, 07:35 PM
To me it sounds like an electrical problem. I think you should take it to a dealer and have it checked out. My friends got the same 4 wheeler and hes already having electrical problems. He's had it 6 months. I dont think honda got all the bugs out of all the electrical on those quads. I think water got in the wiriring.

stace609
03-29-2004, 09:09 PM
i had the same thing happen with mine. we were out yesterday and it did it pretty bad. i turned it off and turned the key back on but it wouldn't go into neutral so i had to use the manual shift tool. i was in the desert no where near the water so it wasn't that. just electrical i guess. on dennis kirk they have a shifter that's supposed to fit the recon and the recon es, so i'm going to get that when i get my nerfs. i can't wat.