PDA

View Full Version : word of advice

theTman
03-27-2004, 01:10 PM
ok heres how it goes.... my and my moms BF (ron) were playin in the pit near my house waitin for my mom to come... so me and ron were at the bottom of the pit and he thought i was gonna race him so he took off ( BTW this was on his 450r) so he shoots uip the pit driveway... when he gets to the bottom i look up and i see my mom coming from the feild...i hitailed it after ron..i get to the bottom of the driveway and SLAM ron t boned my mom on her 300ex...so i get up there and the 300ex and 450r are on there sides..my moms laying down...and ron was cracing up...i thought my mom broke her leg because she couldnt put any preasure on it...but she was fine.... as for the 450r the left wheel was eyed and we couldnt figure out why....so we went for the rest of our ride...ron barely being able to turn to the right.. then we got onto the road and went home... so then we finnaly figured out that the tierod is all bent up... so we are either gonn bend it back or hes gonna buy a new 1

so word of advice.... look before you leap...acually look before you gun it

Ryan
03-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Word of advice...... Don't bend the tie-rod back... .Just get a new one!

theTman
03-27-2004, 01:19 PM
yea thats what he said hes gonna do

HondaRancherES
03-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Glad no one was hurt

derekhonda
03-27-2004, 02:03 PM
man i never thought of it in a reverse situation like that. My mom always, ALWAYS yells at me to be careful, lets me know how much she loves me and to be safe etc etc etc when i am about to leave to go riding. I guess if i pictured my mom out doing half of the stuff i do on the fourwheeler i would be paranoid too, thats crazy i never thought of it like that.

03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
man i never thought of it in a reverse situation like that. My mom always, ALWAYS yells at me to be careful, lets me know how much she loves me and to be safe etc etc etc when i am about to leave to go riding. I guess if i pictured my mom out doing half of the stuff i do on the fourwheeler i would be paranoid too, thats crazy i never thought of it like that.

your not alone...my mom exprects me to call her every half hour on the cell phone while im out riding...:rolleyes:

chucked
03-27-2004, 08:15 PM
word of advice: dont do wheelies without a grab bar, my buddy did that on his bombardier and her went flipping, tore that bike to pieces.

MotoX3
03-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
your not alone...my mom exprects me to call her every half hour on the cell phone while im out riding...:rolleyes: and you would be happy about that if she got worried and she called you if you say flipped your quad and broke a bone and couldnt move...you should appreciate when ppl watch out for you...i know i do....btw im not tryna be an arse....just dont want anyone gettin hurt out there..its a dangerous sport

diesel-mech
03-28-2004, 06:40 PM
I have riden wth my dad all my life (I'm 30 he's 52)
It seems we take turns looking out for each other. In our group dad and I are always together. We have ran over each other a couple of times! (running to fast into blind corners) Its scares me we he takes a hard spill, I'm sure he feels the same. But I dred the day when I can't ride with him anymore. He's my dad & best friend

Ryan
03-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by chucked
word of advice: dont do wheelies without a grab bar, my buddy did that on his bombardier and her went flipping, tore that bike to pieces.

I had a couple spills doing wheelies without the protection of a grab bar. I can tell you that it basically destroyed my Powercore II silencer!

SadisticShee
03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow I couldn't even imagine seeing my mom on a quad lol
Im glad your mom is ok though. close call huh