View Full Version : AC Crap bars

Chanman420q
03-27-2004, 12:35 PM
I bought some new ac standard nerf bars for my 400ex and they dont line up at ALL. i have the IMS pegs, but ac's site says there compatable. Since they didnt come with directions, i did a search and found some pictures on how they are mounted. It shows they bolt to the peg and to the farthest motor mount bolt from the peg. When i line the 2 holes on the nerfs to the peg, the mount that goes to the motor mount is wayyy off. I checked the part # on the nerfs to AC's web site and i have the right ones. Whats the deal here?

also the hardware they gave me is a bunch of washers, 4 bolts with the diameter of the footpeg hole, and 2 other ones that are smaller. i dont think these are the right ones. can someone help me

03-27-2004, 12:38 PM
all of my AC hardware mounted up fine....rippinitup7 just purchased a set for his YFZ450...they mounted perfect too...email them, ask for an exchange or sometihng

hondafreestyler
03-27-2004, 01:18 PM
i had to pursade mine

theTman
03-27-2004, 01:26 PM
well then move the motor mount thing back or forward.. thats what i had to do to my graydons... and i had to drill 4 holes in my pegs:grr:

Chanman420q
03-27-2004, 07:56 PM
anyone else encounter this problem with IMS pegs? maybe i got the pegs on backwards?

pairanutz
03-27-2004, 08:05 PM
good luck i have ordered two sets of AC and a set off white brothers havent found any that fit -those pegs yet-but there web site shows them on that red and yellow 400ex with ims/roll double wide pegs
they all fit fine on stock pegs but none on the ims/roll
drilling holes in those pegs -doesnt seem like i good idea to me -since they have hole with sleeves all the way thru
let me no if you fingur it out

Chanman420q
03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
ive seen 2 pictures on this site showing them mounted. so i know it is possible with the AC nerfs. i think i got the pegs on the wrong side.. cuz when i put them flush with the motor mount bracket, the part where it bolts to the peg is just a bit farther away, so i think if i switch sides it might bring it in that distance. not sure i didnt look at it when i thought that they may be on the wrong side. so i could be wrong, might not matter what side there on but its the only thing i can come up with, if worse comes to worse ill put the stock pegs back on and if it mounts up fine im selling the nerfs and the pegs for x-factors. the pegs and nerfs was a big investment for me.

mrnate400ex
03-27-2004, 11:17 PM
not to change the subject, but are your nerfs the new style?? by that, i mean are they the same shape as the new pro pegs?? i know they make them that shape for the yfz450 and the 450r, but i want them for my 400ex. i've been trying to figure this out for a while now so any help would be apreciated. thanks!!!

03-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Are you 100% positive the used nerfs you bought were for a 400ex:confused:

ZRider400
03-28-2004, 10:06 AM
sometimes the nerfs need to be stretched a tad......

bolt it to your pegs slightly leaving some slack.... then pull on the front part and stick the bolt through it and bolt it to the motor mount.....then tighten up the peg bolts. should work.

andrew360
03-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I have some older-style AC ProPegs with the bolt-on Heel guards. I had them anodized red, and when I installed tem, I thought I was gonna blow out a nut.... It took some SERIOUS persuading, but I got them on there. I like them for riding comfort/appearance, but I wasn't happy at all with the install. Good luck to you.

Chanman420q
03-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Are you 100% positive the used nerfs you bought were for a 400ex:confused:

possitive, checked part # on ac's site, i think i got the pegs on backwards.. ill figure it out tomarrow when i try again

pairanutz
03-28-2004, 09:05 PM
my nerfs are new both sets-the bolt hole line up in the pegs- its the end that curves back towards the rear wheels are hitting the kick up part on the foot pegs -if i space them out far enough for the ends to clear the kick ups -the front of the nerfs hit the ( stock )oil tank-if i bring them to kentucky gncc will you show me how to mount them please-:D -cause i caint fingur it out

Pvt. Maggot
03-28-2004, 09:17 PM
do you have the little spacers for the peg on? if its lining up with the front mount and have room for the peg thats where those little spacers go..i dunno if you said anything about that just skimmed the post..good luck :)

thor1
03-28-2004, 10:25 PM
have a set for my banshee and they dont fit worth a damn either!

hondarider2006
03-29-2004, 12:31 AM
my standard AC pegs went on great.....guess you got a lemon:confused:

redroost85
03-29-2004, 08:11 AM
C'mon Chanman...don't you know that AC stands for Alter and Cut racing, lol?! My standard ones need some persuasion too....:macho :)

Chanman420q
03-30-2004, 08:57 PM
well fellas, i put the stock pegs on and wobam, the AC nerfs lined up like a charm. but the hardware they gave me is so short or not thick enouugh :p

so im selling the Roll Pegs and the AC nerfs and getting the gibson propegs instead. Pm me if anyones interested, the nerfs are about a week and a half old and the pegs have rides on em