PDA

View Full Version : What's this world coming to?

WKY400EX
03-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Late Wednesday night, I'm at my girlfriend's house just hanging out, fixing something too eat. Then, all of a sudden I get a call from my mom. She then proceeds to tell me that my dad had been shot (he's a police officer). He caught two shots center mass, but was wearing his vest. He has always worn his vest, and that's what saved his life. He's bruised up, but alive, thank God.

It turns out, he responded to a call of a "suspicious person or persons in a cemetary", which borders CPS (Crop Production Services). CSP stores several anhydrous ammonia tanks on their property. FYI, anhydrous ammonia is a key ingredient in the production of methanphetamine, or "Crank". My dad was called "Meth-man" by some of his fellow officers for a while, because he had busted so many of the local meth labs.lol With this prior experience with these labs, and their ingredients, he knew that these suspicious persons were most likely attempting to steal anhydrous to use in the production of crank. In the pitch dark, using only flashlight to see, my dad and a county deputy began to search the cemetary and adjacent property. A few minutes into the search, two guys, who were hiding behind headstones, jumped up and amushed by father. He returned fire once, but they had disappeared into the darkness by that time. The search is still on for the suspects, but I think they have some good leads. (I hope the f-ers burn!):mad:

I just thought this was a "reality-check" for us. My dad is alive and okay, but he could have very easily been killed Wednesday night. Basically, I just want to remind people to live life to its fullest! Don't worry about the little things, and just have a good time while you're in this world!:D

Butters
03-26-2004, 09:17 PM
dude that is crazy. i know some people that actually make meth. and the thing i can't figure out is why. why the hell they are so stupid.i mean i've seen some of the pics of people that have taken meth for years and they are messed up. i guess thats the thing i don't understand.

MotoX3
03-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear that your father is ok:)

jay's 300
03-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, good to her he was alright! :D

ReconRider25
03-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Glad to hear that your father is ok

03-26-2004, 09:21 PM
phycos in in this world....thank god there people like ur dad to take care of there cruel asses

JOEX
03-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
Crank has to be one of the worst things out there:(

WKY400EX
03-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the thoughfulness everyone. It's been getting bad around here the past few years. I mean, Jesus! Have you seen the ingredients and different variations in meth?:eek2: My dad has a poster that used to have in his office that listed all the different ingredients. Drano, Lithium batteries, Red Devil, Coleman camping fuel, and other dangerous chemicals. And these people are snorting, eating, smoking, shooting it into their bodies? WTH are these people thinking. Then, there's several different recipes using a little bit different ingredients. If you ever notice people that use crank will have rotten or no teeth, open sores on their body (like arms and hands). Labs have blown up around here, there's mobile labs. Yes, people have meth-labs in the trunks of their cars!:rolleyes: :(

Mr.Offroad
03-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Glad to hear Pop's o.k., dude. Thank God for vests. 20 years ago, he'd been toast. $$$ can be a terrible thing, if somebody's gonna make and sell a deadly drug just to pocket more. And, really, that's all it comes down to.

blondie69
03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Geeze! Well at least he's alright! That's for sure!

People do some f'ed up things:huh Like these drugs w/ like a crap load of toxic chemicals in them...sheesh, I would never wanna put that crap in my body!!! Like..I don't even take Tylenol, or Ibprophen, cuz of the medications. Ibprophen has been prooven to be almost as addictive as cocaine...everytime u get the slightest bit of an ache or headache or whatever...u think "...I need some ibprophen". Myself, I don't take nothing for any sorta pain. Besides herbal pills/drinks, but those are natural. Natural stuff I don't mind nearly as much.
And ppls w/ meth labs in the trunks...thats really screwed!:huh

WKY400EX
03-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks. You got it right. These people would rather prey on addictions to make a quick buck than really "work" for it.

Butters
03-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Crank has to be one of the worst things out there:(

thats kinda what i was saying. it has horrible long lasting effects.

03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Butters
i know some people that actually make meth. and the thing i can't figure out is why. you need to stay completely away from these people...they are most likely very dangerous & crazy & will turn on you even if you think they are your best friend

Juggalo
03-27-2004, 12:02 AM
damn...i'm glad your dads ok. i hope they catch those *******s!

AtvMxRider
03-27-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by MotoX3

Atreyu
03-27-2004, 05:27 AM
You could make a movie off of that. Good to hear he's ok though.

Cody_300ex
03-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Dude where in western Ky do you live???? I live in Paduach and i havent seen it on the news or anything?? But anyways that sucks it happened. I think we need to get POPO and his heilcopter to come get em'!

WKY400EX
03-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Lil_300Ex_Kid, I'm from Providence. It didn't really get much airtime on the local news.:rolleyes: I do know that Fox 7 News in Evansville did a story on it.

WKY400EX
03-27-2004, 03:47 PM
I just want to thank everyone for being thoughtful about the situation. Stay away from these crank-heads. These people go out there, and never come back. It just goes to show you what drugs will do to you. When you stand in the way of a druggie and their drugs, they won't think a second thought about harming or killing you!:eek2:

WKY400EX
03-27-2004, 04:00 PM
I found a very informative and interesting page online. You might be living next to a meth lab, and not know it. The link below tells you what to look for. You'll probably learn something.

http://www.kci.org/meth_info/neighborhood_lab.htm

FYI, I used to. Our past neighbors were cooking it in their bathtub! Lots of traffic in and out at odd hours of the night.