PDA

View Full Version : TrailTech Computer

duncanracing400
03-26-2004, 06:52 PM
i was loooking at trailtechs computers for my 400ex, and i was wandering, are they good? are they easy to install? are they accurate? and i heard something about that they are coming out with a new computer that has a tach, engine temp, compass, and stuff like that? is that true?

should i buy one?

03-26-2004, 06:59 PM
do a search...i have one & my experience with it isnt that gr8

sparks400
03-26-2004, 07:22 PM
lets put it like this don waste ur money

norcalatver
03-27-2004, 06:48 AM
I love mine. But I have to admit it has broken twice in two years. They have a great warranty though.

ex kid
03-27-2004, 07:13 AM
i have one, it's pretty cool but my magent that attaches to the rotor has been lost twice. it's cool for a race though to know how many miles you converd so you can figure out the length of the track and your average speed. if your trail riding i would get it. it's a nice piece but you need to make sure the magnet stays glued into the brake rotor.

norcalatver
03-27-2004, 10:29 AM
they don't use the magnet anymore, they use a magnetized bolt which replaces one of your existing rotor bolts.

03-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by norcalatver
they don't use the magnet anymore, they use a magnetized bolt which replaces one of your existing rotor bolts. thats what I got....my biggest problem with it is getting it configured correctly & also getting it to actually stay in the holder...it always comes out & I had to use zipties to keep it in there.....I also lose my connection alot & I will be finished with a whole ride & it will have been tunred off because it just barely something gay

norcalatver
03-27-2004, 11:25 AM
the only problems I've had are the actual computer breaking after about a year of use.