PDA

View Full Version : Who here is from MA. and what part?

04trx450R
03-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Whos from mass. ? I am from the south shore, right near brockton / braintree. I ride a lo of local stuff and some other great places,,, any of you ever ride down in wrentham, behind the wrentham outlets,,, I go down there in the summer, we park at the aggregate place. Another great place is Halifax, there are some great trail and some cranberry bogs and there are actually some nice sand dunes there,, I cant wait to get the 450r out there. Anyway, where are you all from in MA. Where do you ride?

dannyboy20
03-26-2004, 03:37 PM
hey im from pembroke. Right near you. I ride in halifax all the time. Across from Armonds at the bogs. How is it in wrentham ? What days do you usually go riding. We usually go on Sundays.

04trx450R
03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Wrentham is really good, You can ride 40 or 50 miles in a day it runs through franklin, bellingham, and some other towns,,,, I havent been out to halifax scince last fall, but I am going to east bridgewater tommorow,,,, might going out to halifax on sunday, depends on my buddy,, I dont have a truck, we go out there every few weeks during the summer, but if weather is good we are going sunday. How often do you go out there? Do you ever ride in Holbrook? Thats where I am from and there are a lot of people that ride one of the local areas now, kinda sucks cause when no one knew about it, it was cool, now the field and trails are all torn up by trucks and jeeps,,, oh well, there are still like 4 places I can get to from my house with out a truck

KILLER EX
03-26-2004, 05:24 PM
from gloucester . i ride gloucester,georgetown,plastiow NH,sanford maine

pbarr86
03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
I use to ride behind the outlets and park at Aggregate until Aggregate stopped letting people park there.

After they closed that place we started riding at the State school also in Wrentham until they closed that down too.

Now, I just started riding down the old RR tracks in Holliston to the power lines but I'm not sure how far they go.

300exHILLER
03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
not from MA but ride in franklin forest when I'm not on a track. The forest connects to just about every town along 495 between rt9 and rt 24. You can also get into RI and ride in Cumberland, Smithfield, Johnston, RI.

04trx450R
03-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Wow, I have delved into the forest once or twice, but I had no idea it was that extensive,,, I'll have to explore next time I am down there.......... When did aggregate stop people from parking there, it was fine last fall

300exHILLER
03-26-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't know when they closed it. I park in the Franklin industrail park one more exit north of the village.

sideways
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm from bellingham, and the franklin forest connects to the old providence-worecester and franlkin-boston railroad beds. so technically, if you wanted to, you could go to NH if you wanted to bad enough. and could figure out the mess of trails from here to there.

some nice riding round here. I've been to wrentham outlets on trails, and theres like 4 or 5 nice pits all accessible from easy parking places or other trails from everywhere. but seems to me the riding areas are being taken over by lots and lots of houses. damn homeowners. (im one too)

pbarr86
03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
I haven't been there in a while, the last time I went there they had posted signs everywhere saying they (aggregate) would prosecute anyone that was there and there was a few cops there telling everyone to go away, I tried to go back once after that and the signs were all still there and the place was like a ghost town.

There was an old post that talked about it I'll try to find it and see how long ago it was.

pbarr86
03-26-2004, 07:45 PM
WOW I found the old thread it was April 2002, when they closed it. I didn't realize that it was that long ago. At the time there was some big test holes (I think that is what they were) and the Aggregate insurance company found out that the dirtbike guys were jumping these big holes and freaked out. Thinking they would be sued soon they closed it down. I went back once and the signs were still up and nobody was there, never went back after that.

It really sucked!!!

04trx450R
03-26-2004, 10:15 PM
The holes are still there, at leat they were before winter,,,, I saw someone drive there radio controlled car into one, it sucked for him, took like 20 minutes to get i out

shee dawg
04-02-2004, 10:19 PM
I park at that spot (I would say down the road from Aggregate)and have been since last year. There are at least 5 trailers there each time I go and people park up and down the road. Mainly there are fathers and thier kids riding around on the minis in that area, I just drop and ride from there.
Last week the green police showed up and checked registrations but only checked two truck loads of quads then bailed. Everyone continued to ride.
I will be there tomorrow for a little romp. :devil:

the yazer
04-03-2004, 09:12 AM
i live in hadley its near amherst and northampton. not any legal places to ride around here

rider250ex
04-03-2004, 06:38 PM
im from dracut...right by lowell...anyone knwo of any good places to ride up here?

THEbluYFZ450
04-03-2004, 07:46 PM
i'm from Easthampton i ride Hatfield,hatfield track,northampton meadows, and brakies in Easthampton there isnt much ehre anymore seeing as they F*** heads made a damn bike path on the old train tracks:grr: