PDA

View Full Version : Success with buying used ATV's over the internet?

Ryan
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Soon I will be the market for another ATV. My quad is practicly sold. The guy is gonna stop by sometime in the next 2 weeks and pick it up for $1,000. Hopefully he shows :o .

Anyways, Im on a tight budget and have been looking on the internet for used atv's. Im looking for something from $3,000-$4,000. I've been browsing and found a few interesting deals so far.

Im wondering though, has alot of guys been screwed from ordering something over the internet? Maybe you got it and the frame ended up to be cracked, or didn't show up at all?

I'll probably have a new ride by September, but wondering if I should just look locally?

Thanks in advance.

AndrewRRR
03-26-2004, 01:27 PM
I got my R off ebay, but the main reason I bid was because it was local so I could go check it out before I handed the guy the money. I also talked to him on the phone a few times.
If you buy online, i'd strongly suggest using an escrow service like escrow.com
That way you don't get $crewed

ReconRider25
03-26-2004, 02:17 PM
dont buy anything thats an automobile, atv, snowmobile, etc unless you can go look at it before you buy it.;)

03-26-2004, 03:11 PM
i bought my four wheeler off ebay fro ma reputable dealer with a lot of feedback...he was on missouri & im in nashville, tn...I talked to him over the phone alot & he shipped it to me for free.....it was a really good transaction

speeddemon105
03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
dont buy anything thats an automobile, atv, snowmobile, etc unless you can go look at it before you buy it.;)
Yep

2001400ex
03-26-2004, 06:03 PM
If you're talking about ebay. Only consider ones that you can drive to see. You don't want to end up getting ripped off...try your local want-ad (that's what it's called around here)

Ryan
03-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the information.

I just talked to the guy who wants to buy my quad. He toke a look at it yesterday (3/26) and hes going to pick it up on tuesday. So all I gotta do is keep working and try to take out some sort of loan :o . I also gotta buy a truck, too :macho .