PDA

View Full Version : Problem with LRD head pipe

BadA$$440
03-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Ok i gota new LRD system for my 400ex and i am having problems getting the head pipe in, looks like its not lining up right for the holes, anyone else have this problem? Did yoiu have to beat it in?

Giz400ex
03-26-2004, 05:53 PM
The header pipe should bolt right on. My was really easy compared to there first exhaust they came out with. Grab your stock header and align it with the LRD and see if the distance between the pipes is the same. I wouldn't start banging on it, if it doesn't fit then call LRD and tell them the problem. I would talk to Jason if you have a prob!

03-26-2004, 08:15 PM
My LRD pipe I had two years ago was by far the WORST fitting pipe I have ever had or even seen. I had the same problem you are having. I had to take the studs out and install them after the pipe was mounted. Another huge problem i had was the header would not clear the scheader valve on the rear shock. it would while sitting there but not when the shock compressed. I also had a hard time getting teh silencer mount to line up!!!!!!!!That was for a 400 ex!!

Giz400ex
03-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
My LRD pipe I had two years ago was by far the WORST fitting pipe I have ever had or even seen. I had the same problem you are having. I had to take the studs out and install them after the pipe was mounted. Another huge problem i had was the header would not clear the scheader valve on the rear shock. it would while sitting there but not when the shock compressed. I also had a hard time getting teh silencer mount to line up!!!!!!!!That was for a 400 ex!! Wow!! Thats crazy:eek2: Did you tell them about it? I had a prob with there first one but nothing like yours:eek:

03-27-2004, 08:58 AM
It showed up a day before the race and I had to use it the way it was. I made a new mount for it. i e-mailed them but never got any response!